Rabbit Season For Dragons Part1

After a while, Nastu, happy, and Lisanna began going on missions. They were, after all, a "family". Natsu had wanted to go solo initially but after several talks with Mira and Elfman, he relented to partner up with their sister. They believed Lisanna would grow and be safe with Natsu. They trusted him and he needed to rebuild his self-confidence again.

Erza was going solo however. She was hardest on herself out of all the members in team Natsu. She was gone almost all the time with s-class missions.

Gray was going on missions with Juvia. She forcefully tagged herself along his missions even when he adamantly wanted to go solo.

She woke up from her sleep to find Gray not in his sleeping bag. She quietly got up and peeked out of the tent. He was no where to be found. She walked around the camp and felt colder in a direction away from camp. She followed the change in temperature. She peaked from behind a tree. Her eyes widened.

Gray was sitting in the middle of a flat grassy area. He was meditating while a ice crystal was floating before him. The crystal was glowing brighter and brighter. Juvia sensed a condensation of magic from it. Gray suddenly got up and snatched the ice crystal in one hand and lifted up the other hand in front of him in an attack position. A huge rotating magic seal appeared at his stretched palm. It was as tall as him.

In a low and clear voice. Ice-make: arrow blizzard.

A full blown blizzard with ice spindles in the shape of arrows shot out of the magic seal.

Her whole body shaking…. "This is… Gray-sama?..." She couldn't believe what she was seeing… She had just seen Gray fuse wind magic and his ice make magic to create a completely new attack.. an enemy would definitely have a hard time withstanding an attack of that magnitude.

She looked towards the end point of his attack. The forest standing before Gray was frozen solid. There were many small holes in the trees where the arrows had been shot through. He had gotten so much stronger…

She returned her gaze back to Gray. He observed the aftermath of his attack while standing firmly with both arms at his sides. He brought up his hand and opened it. The ice crystal had turned to powdery snow. He let the snow fall from his hand to the ground..

Juvia shakily turned around and slowly walked back to camp. Trying to digest all that she witnessed.. She definitely didn't want to be on Gray's bad side now…

When he sensed Juvia walk away.. He leaned his head back….

He was looking up at the stars now. He had invented a method to make ice lacrima that absorbed the magic around him. He could utilize the magic as it channeled through him from the ice. When he had discovered the black ice in his hands that day… he could feel the dark magic in the ice. Since then, he had been experimenting with his new found ability. Now, a completely new world of magic was open to him.

"Lucy… Thank you….." tears were threatening to come out again. "I miss you….. "

×××××

Gajeel had his eyes closed and was trying to listen to all the guild members for any information about bunny girl. Levy was reading a book next to him and Pantherlily was on the table eating a plate of kiwi.

Levy knew why Gajeel was always so serious and quiet more than ever. She was getting a bit jealous to how he was slightly getting obsessed with Lucy. Lily had one day told her that Gajeel believes Lucy to be alive. She knew he wouldn't believe such if he didn't have reason too. And she really missed her best friend. But Levy knew not to keep her hopes up.

The guild doors slammed open. A blond man walked in and walked towards Mira at the bar.

"Laxus! You are back early. How was your mission? Where's the Raijinshū?"