Shield Her Heart

Three days after the incident*

Sitting on the table cross-legged, "First Master. You are acting very suspiciously. What is it that I don't know. "

Looking into the eyes of Master Makarov, seated before him on a chair, "Third Master.. Lucy may be alive."

His eyes widened… "Master Mavis… What…"

"When the sky dragon slayer Wendy, her exceed Carla, and the iron dragon slayer Gajeel entered the guild a few days ago.. I sensed a disturbance at my grave…."

With a frown, "Someone had found Tenrou Island?.. But that's impossible…" He was thinking hard as he gazed towards the right wall of his office.

It hit him. He shot his eyes to gaze onto the face of Master Mavis for confirmation. "Unless….they were.."

"Yes. Lucy must have somehow been teleported to Tenrou Island by someone from our guild. The island would provide the protection and healing to maintain her from dying."

"But who would be capable… Loke.." It all made sense.

"Third Master?"

"There was a celestial spirit who was previously a guild member before Lucy arrived at the guild. She had saved the celestial spirit from death and gained his celestial key. He, as a fairy tail member and a previous participant of the S-class promotion exam, would be able to set foot upon the island."

"That would explain how they got to the island. They bridged across the celestial world to Tenrou Island. Hopefully they got there safely and in time..."

"If that's the case.. Lucy could either be dead or alive" He crossed his arms in thought.

"I hope you don't mind third master, but I sent the sky dragon slayer and her exceed on a mission to Tenrou Island. If Lucy is alive, Wendy should be able to heal her."

Master Makarov was surpised. "Oh I don't mind. I just hope they arrived in time to save her…." He had a worried look on his face. No matter what, it was not the time to rest easy. Lucy could still be dead. But at least there was hope.

"But third master…"

"Yes?"

"I suggest we keep this information to ourselves. If what I predicted is correct. I assume Lucy would not be ready to see the guild yet… She in fact did die afterall.. even for a few seconds…"

"Yes I think that's best. She deserves some time to sort things through.. She will show herself when she is ready.."

×××××

They were running back.. jumping over boulders.. tree vines.. over bushes… heart racing within their chests…

A campsite came into sight.. A figure sitting in front of a pot.. stirring the contents with a wooden spoon… Her face turned towards the two running shadows..

"Luccyy!" "Luccyy-san!" smiles on their face.

Loke slowed down from a run to a walk as Wendy kept running towards Lucy. Lucy stood up.

"Wendy!" she smiled.

Wendy jumped into Lucy's embrace. She wrapped her arms around Lucy's waist tightly. Her face buried in Lucy's chest. She was crying.

Lucy shocked "Wenddyyy… "

Wendy looked up to Lucy's face. "Luccyy-san.. I'm so happy you are awake! I was so worried"

"Wendy…. I'm ok. Did something happen? Why are you crying?"

Wendy.. Loke.. Carla.. their eyes widened in shock…