Crater

Dark clouds were circling above.. thunder roared all around them… it was cold and the wind was strong… but at the center of the storm… it was calm… and there stood… Zeref…

He watched the frail white haired girl trembling in fear on the ground… her eyes were darting around… and she looked mortified at her surroundings… black aura was swirling around him.. and when he took a step towards her… she darted her eyes towards him… like a deer about to be run over…

"You are a celestial mage am I correct.." Zeref said in a caring tone.

Yukino was surprised.. he spoke with concern?.. who was this boy in front of her.. could he?

"I am Zeref." The man said with a glare..

She froze… was petrified.. there in front of her.. was the most dangerous enemy to all of mankind.

"It is fitting that you, a celestial mage, will be a key to the salvation of mankind."

"salvation?!" Yukino looked around.. angrily pointing to his massive army… "you plan to kill us all… aren't you a man yourself?.."

"yes.. SALVATION… salvation from pointless existence… throughout time I have watched man.. make the same mistakes throughout history… it is always the same… man will never learn from his mistakes… it is pointless living… and so I will save humanity from its meaningless existence on this planet… with its annihilation.."

"NO! you're wrong!" Yukino screamed with tears dropping from her chin.. "that is not salvation.. you're going to annihilate us from existence! Please.. stop believing that twisted theory…" she glared up at him. "I WILL NEVER HELP YOU…"

"Then I have no choice…" Zeref said indifferently..

A magic seal began to glow from under Yukino's body… and soon Yukino's screams were heard throughout all the mountains..

×××××

It took two days… for the allied forces to arrive at the capital… It had taken longer than anticipated.. as they were ambushed several times by Zeref's forces… And it was during the trek towards the capital.. that every mage felt and understood… that they really were in WAR.. there were several casualties.. one of the more devastating.. Mermaid Heel's guild master passed away from her injuries that she got while protecting her guild from Zeref's attack…

They had been careless.. underestimating the power of their enemy.. but they wouldn't make the same mistakes again..

The guild masters were being guarded by their best mages… Gildarts and Laxus next to Makarov.. Jura and Lyon next to Babasaama… Bachuss and Rocker next to Goldmine… Ichiya and Hibiki next to Bob.. recently appointed Kagura by Arana and Risley…

They entered the city.. and found.. the citizens panicking… packed and running out of the city.. children and babies were crying.. and royal guards were directing the people to exits and routes for their safety.

Makarov looked towards Erza.. and she nodded.. she looked back at Natsu Gray Wendy… and "Lucy"… they nodded back at her.. the team ran off to scout together for the surviving Sabertooth members…

Laxus watched wearily.. as Lucy went off with them… wanting to protect her.. Gildarts.. watched with a worried expression towards the team that left as well…

Makarov then looked towards Mira.. and she nodded as well.. her team deploying to aid the scout.. her team consisted of Gajeel.. Juvia.. Freed and Elfman….

The other guild masters deployed their own scout teams.. as the army continued onward towards the center… the King's castle…

×××××