The War Begins

It was silent… Lucy was still draped over Laxus' shoulders.. Gemini had returned back to the celestial realm… and the two Fairy Tail mages were on their return journey home….

"They'll come…." Laxus spoke… breaking the ice..

"How do you know… they don't believe me…."

"I know they will.. you left quite the impression back there…"

"haha… I kicked their butts didn't I.. haha" Lucy was in a happier mood.

"Blondie…. How did you come to know of all that?"

"It was through my blackouts…"

"I remember… or I dream of bits and pieces of the past…. Seems like Igneel's magic seal was also to help me see some of his key memories… or my own…"

"I'm sorry about your mom…"

Lucy's eyes softened….

"It's okay… I'm proud to be my mom's daughter… she was so strong… she really was amazing…"

"I guess she takes after her mother…" Laxus thought.

"Laxus…"

"hm…"

"Thanks for coming with me…. For everything…"

"Yea. You owe me."

"What! Really?!"

"Yea. You didn't think I'd go through all that hassle of hunting you down.. and coming here with you for nothing did you." Laxus smirked.

"Psh… And here I thought you were a gentleman…" Lucy pouted with her arms crossed…

Laxus laughed.

"Definitely not a prince in shining armor." Lucy mumbled to herself.

He heard her. "Ha. And you a damsel in distress? Or a princess in need of rescuing?"

Lucy's face turned tomato red… UGH… Dragon slayers and their crazy sensitive hearing… she face-palmed herself…

Laxus laughed out loud… carrying a very embarrassed Lucy on his shoulders… sloshing through the snow.. towards Magnolia.

×××××

Master Makarov was sipping on his mug as he sat on the bar top. He watched his children laugh and brawl… enjoying the moment… the calm before…

Mira had been watching the master carefully… he seemed calm and relaxed… but his eyes… his eyes gave him away…. Sorrow… they were deep with sorrow… and worry… and if master was trying so hard to keep it hidden.. something was definitely wrong…

She looked around the guild.. observing Master's direct line of sight… she caught gaze of Freed… through only their eyes.. they sent all they needed to say…

"Master is sad… something is wrong.."

"I know Mira.. I noticed too."

Gray and Natsu were fighting like old times.. but now it was Lisanna who was trying to stop the two from fighting… it was good to see something like old times… yet it was off…