Rabbit Season For Dragons Part2

After finally mustering up strength to stand up, the two dragons slayers and Lily started their search for the girls. Fortunately for them, they had picked up their scent and started towards the direction it seemed to smell stronger.

Laxus was too exhausted to tell Gajeel to get lost. He let himself be accompanied by the black haired man. Gajeel was too tired to pick a fight with Laxus and kept to himself. Lily was too scared to go off by himself alone, he could still hear the lightning from the storm in his head. And so the three stuck with each other.

Laxus hated the ocean. He was a lightning dragon slayer. He couldn't be anymore helpless stranded in an ocean.

Gajeel hated the ocean too. He was an iron dragon slayer. His iron would rust. And that was not a good look for his manly figure.

Lily was an exceed and he did not like lightning. The lightning storm, watersprout, and tsunami…. He was not in a happy place.

The three trudged on into the island, grabbing onto trees and boulders for support. It was weird. They had kept walking towards Lucy and Wendy's scent.. but the scent was everywhere! What had these girls been doing…

The sky had cleared up. It was sunny again and hot. They stopped to rest and were sitting down in a shaded area.

Laxus took off his wet travel cloak and dropped it next to him. He took a shoe off and ocean water spilled out from it. He looked annoyed. He was wearing a black sleeveless shirt and loose black pants that went a little past his knees.

Gajeel was taking his boots off too. Even more ocean water came out from his than Laxus'. He sighed from relief at the comfort of his free feet. He was wearing his usual outfit.

Lily had transformed to his smaller form and was lying on the grass. He had his eyes closed and was enjoying the summer weather and breeze.

Suddenly they heard a scream. They shot their attention towards the direction of the scream. They knew whose it was.

The two men quickly put on their shoes and dashed towards the owner of the scream. Lily was flying behind them. They ran through the lush vegetation and saw someone running towards them.

Lucy was screaming and crying at the same time. She was being chased by a very ugly Hodras. It was smiling and chomping air to try and catch Lucy.

Lucy was too preoccupied to notice the two men and exceed standing up along the path. She was definitely in panic mode. She tripped on a small root of a tree and was falling onto her side. As she was falling, she saw both Laxus and Gajeel leap over her, their faces serious and angry. She skid across the ground, rolling as she came to a stop. Once she had stopped, she looked back at the Hodras' direction to make sure she had seen right.

She had. With wide eyes she saw Gajeel and Laxus kick the Hodras' head straight on. The hodras tumbled backwards and lay on its back motionless. It was a one hit KO.

Gajeel and Laxus landed on their feet, close to and facing each other. They were in a short staring contest, declaring without words their acceptance to the challenge. The challenge to rescue Lucy and bring her back to the guild, though neither knew what they truly felt about the girl to enter such a competition.

They simultaneously broke the staring contest and looked towards Lucy. Lucy was startled by their sudden change of attention to her. She had been watching their little staring contest and could sense the tension rising from them. They started walking towards her and her heart began racing.

"Wait.. Why is my heart racing.. Oh.. no.. they are getting closer.. Get up Lucy!" she thought.

She lifted her upper body up with her arms and tried moving her leg. A shot of pain ran up her leg. She winced and clenched her fists. There was a huge gash on her leg and it was bleeding. Somehow while she was rolling, she had scraped her leg across a sharp rock. She was going to be in big trouble … especially by Loke…