He's A Pro

Natsu.. do you love Lisanna?"

He looked up to her face. Slowly, he let go of her and stood up..

"I... don't know..."

She brought a hand up to face.. she covered her eyes...

"Natsu.. we won't work."

"Luce..."

"I did love you... I loved you.. then... but now ... I just love you as a friend.. I was so scared then... I didn't want to stop being partners with you... spending time with you and going on missions... I was afraid Lisanna would take you away... but I was being foolish..."

He watched her wide eyed. He was in shock.... Lucy had just confessed.... Why hadn't he known before.. that means the whole time..... he knew he had to say something.. the silence was deadly... he was scared now.. what was Lucy doing..

"I didn't want to stop either.. I like spending time with you Lucy.. Please.."

"I know you do. But this.... We can't... its unfair...." She brought her hand down.. and sat up on the bed.

"We have people who love us.. and they deserve better... You.. me... we missed our chance... we can't cross that line now..."

Softly...."You mean I missed my chance... how long..." Natsu's eyes were covered by his bangs...

"How long?"

"When did you..."

She smiled as she looked at the side wall...

"I don't know when... it didn't happen over night... I guess it started from the very beginning..."

So much shock... he was trembling... Lucy noticed..

"It's okay natsu. Now.. I'm ok."

"Well... I'm not. I hurt my best friend.. and I didn't know you..."

"Natsu... you don't need to be feel guilty... you need to let me go..."

Silence.

"No. I... love...."

"No you don't.. at least not in that way."

"No.. Luce let me.."

"Don't deny it any longer. It's never crossed your mind that you liked me... loved me before.. before Lisanna mentioned anything.. or when Laxus.... If you love anyone in that way... it is Lisanna... you unconsciously chose her.. from the very beginning.."

"That's not true... I didn't make any choice... I don't want to hurt either of you.. "

"I know you don't... but we.. us.. can't happen.... We can't ignore what's happened.. I can't...."

"I'm sorry Lucy... I couldn't protect you.... I promised to.. and I..."

"You've protected me plenty of times Natsu.. And I am thankful.. but now... its not your job to protect me anymore.. I can handle my own.."

"I know.. you are strong.. you always were.."

"But you have someone to protect again.. you have Lisanna.. You can protect her now.."

"I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU OR HER AGAIN."

"I know.. Natsu... We wouldn't want to lose you either.. you need to go figure out your feelings Natsu... I've moved on... you don't need to force yourself to love me in a way different from before.."

Natsu cried.. clenching his fists...

"Hey... I know you are scared... you are scared of losing me again... of losing Lisanna again.. of us disappearing like Igneel... but Natsu..."