The Next Generation, Part2

Lily… you are grounded… for six months…"

Lily stared at her father… her mother…. Lucy dared not look at her… and she felt…. So utterly.. disgusted with herself…. But at the same time…. Angered… that her parents didn't trust her…. And the anger increased.. till….

She clenched her fists… "I'M NOT WEAK!" she yelled.. her parents looked at her with wide-eyes… "I AM STRONG.. I CAN FIGHT FOR MYSELF.. I'M STRONG ENOUGH TO BE IN THE S-CLASS EXAMS… BUT YOU BOTH WON'T LET ME… ASHER, JACE, AND MYSTOGAN HAVE DONE IT ALREADY.. WHY CANT I?! YOU EVEN LET MAX COMPETE WHEN HE WAS 16! I'M 18 NOW!"

Tears were streaming down Lily's face… her parents were unable to speak.. she was so… Lucy….

"Lily…" Lucy said..
"NO! YOU ALWAYS BABY ME… I KNOW IM STRONGER THAN WHAT YOU BOTH THINK.. I…"

"It's not about you being weak or strong…" Laxus said calmly…. "Our decision.. to not nominate you for the S-class Exams are purely our objective judgment of your abilities…. You are not ready"

Lily ran out of the guild… and Asher… began to ran for the guild doors as well… he paused near Laxus, Lucy, and Max… he smiled at them.. as the Dreyar family watched him…

"Don't worry Master Laxus… Auntie Lu…. I'll protect her… I'll protect her no matter what.. so no matter the mission… no matter the enemy… I'll be there for her… you can count on it!" Asher said smiling warmly…

He began running towards the doors when a lightning crack was heard… and landed in the open doorway….
Asher stopped and looked at Max… who had lightning transported…

"Over my dead body.. you'll NEVER HAVE MY SISTER!" Max said as he punched Asher with a lightning sparking out from it…

Asher went sailing through the guild.. and crashed into some tables…

"MAX!" Lucy yelled.. still being held up by Laxus… "Laxus.. do something…" she looked up at him.. but Laxus remained still.. a frown on his face..
"ASHER!" Natsu and Lisanna yelled..

"Yo Lightning head! Get your son in line before I punch his face in!" Natsu yelled
Laxus turned his head and gave Natsu a glare… in a low voice… "you… get your son in line… before I fry him off the Earth…"

Natsu narrowed his eyes.. and gritted his teeth…. Flames were appearing at his fists.. when

"Dad… stop.." Asher said as he stood up from rubble of the broken tables… Max was glaring still at Asher from the doors… Natsu watched his son walk up towards Laxus… and was battle ready in the case his son needed back up… he eyed Lucy…. Who was gazing with soft eyes towards Asher..

"Master Laxus…. Auntie Lu…." Asher said in front of Laxus… and Lucy….

.

"I would like to have your permission… to have Lily as my mate" Asher said bluntly…

.

tick … tock.. tick… tock…

"WHATT?!" Everyone blew up.

×××××

Laxus was fuming now… but Lucy gently put her hand on Laxus' arms… reminding him that she needed him…

Asher bowed… "Please!"

Laxus and Lucy stared wide-eyed at the pink haired boy…. Max shocked the most… his mouth agape…. "WHAT!? NO! NEVER!"

"Max…" Lucy said once.. with a glare… Max remained silent…. He didn't want to be in trouble next…

"So…. Asher… Why do you want Lily as your mate?" Lucy asked..