23. going home

"I went to see Professor Mcgonagall this morning and dropped Muggle Studies," Hermione announced on the train.

"But you got a 320 on the exam!" Ron said.

"I know, but another year like this one would drive me mad!" Hermione sighed.

"I still can't believe you didn't tell us about the time turner," Rose said slightly grumpy. The time turner would've been helpful on days she wanted to sleep in.

"I had promised to not tell anyone...oh, cheer up, Harry!" Hermione exclaimed, changing subjects when she saw how gloomy her friend looked.

"I'm okay. Just thinking about the holidays," Harry announced.

"Yeah, me too. You have to come stay with us. I can use the fellytone-" Ron started.

"Telephone," Hermione sighed, but was ignored by Ron.

"It's the Quidditch World Cup. Dad can probably get tickets and you can come. You too Lyn, er-Rose and Hermione," Ron offered.

"Yeah, that sounds nice," Rose said. She hoped she could see her dad at least a few times during the summer, but it probably wouldn't be possible so the World Cup would be a welcome distraction.

"Yeah ... I bet the Dursleys'd be pleased to let me come ... especially after what I did to Aunt Marge..." Harry said. Rose snorted and Harry turned to her and raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"I just still can't believe you blew your aunt up!" Rose said.

"I can't believe you got kidnapped by your suspected mass murderer father and then didn't tell us, and then got scratched by a werewolf that also happened to be your godfather!" Harry responded. Rose stared at him in shock for a few seconds as the carriage in the train went silent, everyone shocked at how blunt Harry had been.

"Oh, my God. I'm so sorry, that was too soon-" Harry started to apologize but was cut off when Rose started to laugh. Soon the carriage was filled with laughter.

"That was a good one Harry. Touché," Rose said after she finally stopped laughing.

"I thought you were going to murder me," Harry said.

"Of course not! Who would I use as a pillow then?" Rose asked as she laid her head on his shoulder. Harry just let out a quiet chuckle and started playing exploding snap with Ron. Rose fell asleep, cuddled next to her best friend and listening to her other best friends argue like always. She woke up when she felt a slight push on her shoulder.

"This better be a good reason to wake me up or we're going to have problems," Rose grumbled, unintentionally cuddling closer into Harry, not noticing his red face. Neither noticed the look that Ron and Hermione shared at their interaction.

"Oh, grow up. We're almost there anyways. Your dad sent you a letter," Hermione said jokingly. Rose sat up quickly and grabbed the letter from the tiny owl. She quickly tore it open and read, a small smile filling her face.

"What does it say?" Ron asked.

"See you soon," Rose replied.

"That's it? He wrote me a whole letter, gave Ron an owl and gave me permission to go into Hogsmeade," Harry said shocked. Rose just shrugged her shoulders.

"He knows that's all I need to be happy," Rose said with another shrug. A knock on the window made everyone turn. "Ced!"

"Hey Lyn. Mind if we talk?" Cedric asked. Rose shook her head no and told her friends that she would see them on the platform. She followed Cedric into an empty compartment and plopped down on the seat next to him, placing her feet in his lap.