arrivals

Hi! So, I've been struggling a little bit with motivation, so I've decided that I'm going to update the story when chapters get to 40 views. This way I have more time to write each chapter.

Also! Just a note: just because it isn't written, doesn't mean there's not any tensions or awkwardness between the characters. The adults are shielding Rose some, so while it may not be written, there are tensions. For example, Sirius and Regulus are not close yet, but they're acting amicably because they don't want Rose to see them argue. So keep that in mind. If you have any questions please comment! Thanks!

The next two weeks passed by quickly. Rose spent a lot of her time sleeping, but she was finally at the point where she wasn't completely exhausted all the time. Rose also helped her parents with the nursery and got to know James, Lily and Regulus more, as well as catch up with Cedric. Regulus spent a lot of time in his room, so Rose hadn't been able to get to know him as well. Dumbledore had also brought Rose her cat and all of her belongings.

"So...boy or girl?" Rose asked her parents. She was helping her dad put the crib together as her mum sat in a rocking chair and folded baby clothes. The rest of the room was already complete, the walls painted a light yellow and the furniture all white. The room was next to her parents, but the baby was going to sleep in their room for a while.

"We just want a healthy baby...but I want another girl," Sirius said with a smirk. Marlene threw a baby shoe at his head, causing him to fake glare at her. Tillie, who was laying next to Sirius, started playing with the laces on the shoe.

"I think it's a boy," Marlene told Rose.

"I think it's twins," Lily said as she brought them some water. "It was pretty surprising to be alive again, it was even more surprising to find out that your best friend is pregnant again and basically about to pop. And that she got old."

"I'm not about to pop," Marlene said with an eyeroll. "And I'm not old."

"Yes you are," James said as he entered the room as well. Marlene threw a baby shoe at him, causing him to fake cry. He made Lily kiss his head before he shooed Rose away and started building the crib with Sirius.

"That's not going to go well," Rose said as she watched the two men completely ignore the instructions.

"Miss. McKinnon?" Cedric said as he entered the room. "I have your vitamins for you."

"Oh, thank you, Cedric," Marlene said as she grabbed the vitamins from him. Cedric had quickly become a favorite in the house because of how helpful he was, but Rose knew he felt like he was a burden so he was trying to pay them back. "And, please, call me Marlene."

"Yes, ma'am," Cedric said as he joined James and Sirius, who were still struggling with the crib.

"So...what's it like to be alive again?" Rose asked Lily as she helped her mum fold the clothes.

"It's...weird," Lily admitted.

"It's weird to see color again. Where we were, there was only white most of the time," James added, cursing when he accidentally hit his thumb with a hammer. Marlene threw another shoe at his head, warning him not to cuss anymore.

"Yeah, it took me a while to get used to color. And noise. Sometimes I still get overwhelmed," Cedric said.

"That makes sense," Rose said before she turned to Lily. "Why didn't I bring you and James back when I died as a baby?"