engagements

The whole room was silent after Voldemort's proclamation. Narcissa was the first to speak.

"I'm sorry, my Lord, but can you elaborate a little more?" Narcissa asked tentatively.

"Your son failed me. He had one mission, and he failed. Briar Rose needs to be taught how to live properly. They both need to gain honor, and they will do that by marrying each other," Voldemort said.

"We're cousins, you snake-faced freak!" Rose yelled. Voldemort was in front of her before she could even finish her sentence.

"You will not argue in this house," Voldemort said darkly. "You will do as you are told."

"I'll never listen to you," Rose spat.

"We'll see about that," Voldemort said before walking to stand in front of Draco.

"Do you have anything to say, Draco?" Voldemort asked.

"No, Master," Draco said. Rose could tell that he wasn't meeting Voldemort's eyes, and his whole body was tense.

"Very good. Take her up to your room and do with her what you would like," Voldemort ordered. Bellatrix let out a cackle as Narcissa looked uncomfortable.

"Yes, Master," Draco said stiffly. Voldemort released the ropes from around Rose, and her body was so tired and hurt that she almost fell onto the ground. Draco wrapped an arm around her waist and apparated to a room.

"I'm so sorry, Rose," Draco whispered as he helped her onto the bed. He sat on bed next to her, but above the covers.

"Not your fault," Rose said softly. She ached all over, and she could tell that her healing powers weren't working as well as they could. She assumed it was because she was stressed and scared.

"I'm not gonna...do... anything to you," Draco said.

"I would kill you if you even tried. Harry and I haven't even done anything, and my first time is not going to be with my cousin who I might have to marry," Rose said, not realizing her mistake.

"Harry?" Draco asked. Rose cringed a little. "You weren't obliviated? How?"

"I'm not sure. Draco, please don't say anything," Rose pleaded.

"I won't, don't worry," Draco said.

"Where's Theo?" Rose asked. She wanted to check up on her friend and try to tell him that Blaise was okay.

"He only is here for meetings," Draco said. "I have to ask...is Blaise okay? Don't tell me where he is or anything."

"He's fine," Rose answered. Draco let out a breath of relief.

"Good," Draco said softly. A knock interrupted them from their conversation. Draco opened his door and let his mother into the room. She put down a pile of laundry and tidied a few things up. The room was pulled into an uncomfortable silence as the teens waited for her to speak.

"The Dark Lord wishes to tell you that there will be a meeting tomorrow and your engagement will be revealed. There will also be a notice in the Daily Prophet," Narcissa said, her voice shaky. "Furthermore...he wishes to tell you that producing an offspring is highly encouraged. In fact, he requests that you start as soon as possible."

"Mother, you can't let this happen," Draco said softly.

"There's nothing any of us can do," Narcisaa whispered. She gave Draco's forehead a light kiss before leaving the room, softly closing the door. Rose could hear her locking it before her footsteps echoed down the hall.

"I'm not having a child with my cousin," Rose said, disgust clear on her face. Draco stayed quiet for a while before he finally spoke.

"We might not have a choice," Draco admitted quietly.