final detention

Friday seemed to last forever. Hagrid still wasn't back and Rose's hand wouldn't stop stinging. All she had to do was flex her fingers the wrong way and her hand would start bleeding again, but the blood was normal again.

"You ready?" Harry asked Rose as five to five.

"No. You?" Rose replied as she stood up from the couch in the common room.

"Not at all," Harry sighed. Rose nodded and linked her elbow through his as they started walking. They couldn't hold hands anymore because it hurt too much.

"Come in," Professor Umbridge giggled when Harry knocked on the door. "You know what to do."

Rose shakily picked up the quill and started writing. She noticed Harry shifting his desk a little and she knew that he was trying to watch quidditch tryouts. It was dark before Umbridge let them stop.

"Let's see if you've gotten the message yet," Umbridge said. The professor grabbed Harry's hand and touched the scars and he jumped out of his seat.

"Yes, it hurts, doesn't it?" Umbridge asked with a sick smile on her face. Harry didn't answer. "Well, I've made my point. You can go, Mr. Potter."

Harry and Rose both stood up to leave.

"Not you, Miss. Black," Umbridge said. Harry and Rose shared a look and Rose nodded at Harry, telling him to go. Harry slowly left the room.

"So, Miss. Black...do you want to know what type of quill I had to use on you?" Umbridge asked.

"That... that would be nice," Rose said softly as she tried to use the sleeve of her robe to stop the black blood from rolling down her arm.

"It's a special type of quill that has a...poison of sorts in it. The poison stops the skin from closing and causes a lot of pain. Now tell me...why is this special quill the only one that worked on you?" Umbridge smiled at Rose.

"I...I don't know, Professor," Rose lied.

"Well...we'll see about that," Umbridge said with a fake sweetness in her voice as she sat behind her desk. "You may leave, Miss. Black."

Rose ran out of the room faster than she ever had. Harry wasn't there so Rose ran to the common room where Harry was sitting with Hermione, but he was already standing up.

"Harry!" Rose panted when she entered the room. Harry quickly walked over to her and pulled her away from prying eyes.

"Sorry, Filch came and made me come back here. What did she want?" Harry asked as he used a towel to clean off Rose's hand.

"She told me the quill has poison in it that keeps the skin from closing. She's suspicious of me," Rose explained.

"I think...I'm not sure, but when she touched my hand my scar hurt," Harry said.

"Like...Voldemort hurt?" Rose gasped. Harry nodded.

"Maybe...maybe we should tell a teacher," Rose suggested.

"No...look, I'm tired and I have homework to do and I know you do too. I'm going to my dorm," Harry said.

"Wait-"

"Goodnight," Harry interrupted Rose before she could even say anything. Rose sighed but made her way to the steps.

"Rose!" Ron yelled. Rose looked over to the middle of the common room where he was standing. "I made keeper!"

"Good job!" Rose yelled back as she continued to walk to the steps. A body blocked her way and Rose almost let out a whine.

"I'm ready for that quickie," the same seventh year from a few days before said.