office break ins

Hermione was not happy with Harry or Rose. She spent every class hissing in their ears about why they shouldn't sneak into Umbridge's office. The day just seemed to get worse for Harry when Snape "accidentally" smashed his vial and Hermione had already vanished his potion, meaning that Harry would have to get a 0.

Right after Potions, Rose had to go to her career advice. She walked in the room and almost groaned when she saw Umbridge sitting there. Mcgonagall looked just as upset.

"Sit down, please, Miss. Black," Mcgonagall instructed. Rose sat with her back to Umbridge, but she could still hear the woman writing on her clipboard.

"This meeting is to guide you on a career path so that you can decide what classes to take in your sixth and seventh years," Mcgonagall said. "Have you thought at all about what you would like to do after Hogwarts?"

"Ummm...not really," Rose admitted. "Maybe...study other wizarding cultures and stuff like that...or maybe a healer."

"Well, there's not many classes you can take for your first career option, but there are classes for becoming a healer," Mcgonagall said. "Here is a pamphlet on healing...you have all the grades for it, too."

"Hem, hem."

"I would also recommend talking to Madam Pomfrey," Mcgonagall continued as if Umbridge hadn't made a sound. "There are some programs at St. Mungo's that allow-"

"Hem, hem."

"Do you need a cough drop, Dolores?" Mcgonagall asked angrily.

"Oh, no," Umbridge said with a smile. "I was just going to say that very few patients would be comfortable with Miss. Black as their healer."

"And why is that?" Mcgonagall asked, her lips thinning in anger.

"Well, we all know who her father is. And let's not forget her violent tendencies," Umbridge said with a small giggle.

"You literally make kids carve words into their skin," Rose reminded her.

"That's a punishment," Umbridge told Rose.

"Sure..." Rose said.

"Miss. Black, I promise you that you will become a healer if you put your mind to it," Mcgonagall said. "Please read the pamphlet I gave you and talk to Madame Pomfrey. You may go."

"Thank you, Professor," Rose said before quickly rushing out of the room. She was immensely grateful to Mcgonagall Mcgonagall sticking up for her, but Rose couldn't help but wonder if what Umbridge said was true.

Rose didn't think of breaking into Umbridge's office again until DADA class.

"I hope you're not still planning this," Hermione hissed to Rose and Harry. "Umbridge already looks upset..."

Umbridge did look upset that class. She kept sending angry glances at Harry, but he didn't return them.

"Dumbledore sacrificed himself to keep you in school, Harry, and you, Rose!" Hermione whispered as she used her book to block her face. "And if you get thrown out today, it will be for nothing!"

Harry and Rose shared a look and they both came to the same conclusion: they still wanted to see Sirius.

"Don't do it! Please don't do it!" Hermione pleaded as the bell rang. Harry and Rose didn't say anything. Ron looked back and forth before sighing and looking to Hermione.

"Give it a rest, okay? They can make up their own minds," Ron said.

They were halfway down the corridor when the unmistakable sound of a diversion occurred. Umbridge hurried past them in the opposite direction.