revealed secrets

Rose slammed into the ground, her nose hitting the soft grass. She opened her eyes and sat up and saw Harry in a similar position to her, except his eyes were still closed. He was clutching the cup and Cedric.

"Harry?" Rose whispered. Harry opened his eyes and sat up and pulled her into a hug, sobbing into her hair as she sobbed into his chest. She opened her eyes and saw the cold, dead eyes of Cedric and she fell out of Harry's arms onto Cedric.

"Cedric, please...wake up...wake up! Wake up!" Rose cried. She didn't hear the cheers of the crowd.

"Harry! Rose!"

Rose looked up at Dumbledore and saw him crouched next to Harry. Rose finally noticed that they had landed on the edge of the maze. Rose sobbed and moved to hold Cedric's head in her lap as Harry clutched Cedric's chest. Rose closed Cedric's eyes as tears poured out of hers.

"He's back. Voldemort...he's back," Harry whispered. Rose let out another sob and leaned forward until her forehead was rested on Cedric's. She quickly sat back up when she felt how cold he already was.

"What's going on? What's happened?"

Cornelius Fudge appeared over Harry, his face white.

"My God-Diggory!" Fudge whispered. "He's dead!"

Rose faintly heard his words repeated, slowly growing in volume as more of the crowd heard. Some yells were accusing Rose of killing him, but she couldn't comprehend them.

"Harry, Rose, you have to let go," Fudge said softly. Rose stared up at him with wide eyes and shook her head no, more sobs coming out of her mouth. Fudge immediately knew that there was no way this girl had killed Cedric. Neither teen let go.

"Harry, Rose, please...you can't help him. Let go," Dumbledore whispered.

"I...I can heal him. He's going to wake up! He has to!" Rose sobbed. Fudge looked to Dumbledore in confusion but no one noticed. Dumbledore looked to the ground sadly and shook his head no.

"He wanted me to bring him back...back to his parents," Harry explained through sobs.

"That's right, Harry...just let go now..."

Rose watched as Dumbledore bent down and lifted Harry from the body. Harry started swaying as Dumbledore lifted Rose away too.

"He'll need to go to the hospital wing!" Fudge said loudly. Rose could faintly hear people shouting about Cedric as she leaned on Harry. Both teens were swaying. "He's ill-Dumbledore, Diggory's parents, they're here..."

Rose could barely hear any of the shouts as she buried her head in Harry's chest. She could feel his tears dropping on her hair.

"Dumbledore said stay..." Harry mumbled. Rose lifted her head and saw Moody trying to get Harry and Rose to follow him.

"You two need to lie down...follow me..."

Rose and Harry stumbled after the Professor, as he was holding Harry's arm and Rose was clutching Harry's middle.

"What happened?" Moody asked as he lifted the two teens up the stone steps of Hogwarts.

"Cup was a Portkey...took us to a graveyard...and Voldemort was there..." Harry mumbled.

"The Dark Lord was there? Then what happened?"

"Killed Cedric..." Rose whispered, her voice thick with tears. She wanted to sleep in her dads arms with her mum and godfather around her. She didn't want to talk about what happened.

"And then?"

"Made a potion...got his body back..."

"The Dark Lord got his body back?"