prophecies

"Sirius?"

"Who is that?"

"What's happening?"

"Briar Rose?"

"Shut up!"

"Dad?" Rose whispered as she sat up and opened her eyes. Everything around her was white.

"Rosie, what did you do?" Sirius asked as he looked at her, shock and sadness covering his face. Rose just opened her mouth, not knowing what to say.

"This is Rose?" A familiar woman with red hair and familiar emerald eyes asked, alerting Rose to the fact that there were other people there. Tears stared falling down Rose's face as she stood up and looked around. A sob left her mouth when she saw a familiar face and she ran forward and wrapped Cedric in a hug.

"Did you miss me?" Cedric asked with a small laugh as Sirius hugged the other people.

"I told you to be safe," Rose whispered as she stepped away from Cedric.

"I know," Cedric whispered back sadly.

"Where am I?" Rose asked. Everyone else shared a look and Rose was able to really examine who was there. Her dad was standing next to a man who looked just like Harry, but older and with brown eyes. The red haired woman was standing next to him and there was another man who looked like Sirius standing off to the background.

"Rosie..." Sirius whispered as he stepped forward to ran his hand over her head. She looked up at him with a shaking bottom lip. "What do all these people have in common?"

Rose let out another sob as she realized that everyone in front of her was dead. She was dead.

"Oh, Rosie," Sirius sighed as he hugged his daughter, tears running down his own face.

"I don't want to die," Rose sobbed. "I want to go back!"

"I know, Rosie," Sirius said softly. More tears ran down his face as he thought of Marlene and his unborn child.

"It's not all bad, Rose," Cedric said softly as he approached her slowly. Rose sniffled and turned her head to look at him, but she didn't let go of her dad.

"How is it not bad?" Rose whispered.

"Well, we've all been stuck here together, so you'll have company," Cedric said as he pointed to the other people.

"I'm-I'm Lily," the red haired woman introduced herself, tears running down her face too.

"James," the man who looked just like Harry said. "Your favorite godfather."

"Is now really the time?" Lily asked. James just shrugged.

"Regulus Black," the man who looked like Sirius introduced.

"Hi," Rose said softly.

"Like Cedric said, it's not all bad here," James said.

"Where...where is here exactly?" Sirius asked as he looked around. Everything was white and it looked like it went on for forever.

"We don't know. It's like...like the in between. That's what we call it. Sometimes it looks like the normal world, but it's white most of the time," James said.

"I want to leave," Rose said, repeating herself as she started to pace. Cedric grabbed her hands and she looked up at him, her eyes wide and filled with tears.

"We can't," Cedric told her sadly. All the adults in the room shared a look.

"Rose...can you take us home?" Sirius asked tentatively.