daily prophet

I just want to say a really quick thank you to everyone who has been reading, liking and commenting! It means so much to me that people actually like this story! So, thank you and please keep reading lol!

Rose and Harry were the last people to enter the room. Krum was standing in a corner and not talking to anyone. Cedric and Fleur were talking, although Cedric did turn to look at Rose as she entered. He said what looked like a goodbye to Fleur and started walking towards Rose. Luckily, Ludo Bagman came striding over.

"Ah! Here they are! Champions four and five! We're just going to be doing the wand weighing ceremony, nothing serious," Ludo explained.

"Wand weighing?" Harry asked nervously.

"Oh, we just have to make sure that your wands are fully functional, no problems or anything. The expert is upstairs with Dumbledore. And there's going to be a small photo shoot and interview for the Daily Prophet with Rita Skeeter," Ludo explained. He gestured to a female wearing horribly bright green robes and jeweled spectacles. Rose had to fight to not sneer at the woman.

"Maybe not that small," Rita said, eyeing Rose and Harry and their hands that were still interwoven.

"I wonder if I could have a word with our two youngest competitors before we start?" Rita asked Ludo.

"Certainly, well if they dont have any objections," Ludo relied. Neither one got a chance to answer before she was dragging them off. She exited the room and looked around for an empty place.

"Don't want all the noise," Rita explained, although Rose had a suspicion that wasn't the real reason why. "Let's see...ah, this is cozy!"

"This is a broom closet," Rose said.

"Yes, well sit down," Rita ordered. With a flick of her wand, there was a candle barely lighting up the room and her pen and paper were floating in the air. Rita sat on a bucket and there was only one left. Harry let Rose sit on the open bucket while he stood behind her.

"Do you mind if I use a Quick-Quotes quill?" Rita said, although it was clear they didn't have a choice.

"A what?" Harry asked. Rita's smile grew into a smile that Rose didn't appreciate.

"Actually-" Rose started but Rita cut her off.

"This is Rita Skeeter writing for the Daily Prophet," Rita said. Rose and Harry watched as the quill started writing in mid air, although the words were different than what Rita said.

"So, what made you two decide to enter the Triwizard Tournament?" Rita asked as she bent forward.

"Er-" Harry said, but stopped when his eyes went to the parchment.

An ugly scar, a souvenir of a tragic past, disfigures the other-wise charming face of Harry Potter, whose eyes-

"Ignore the quill," Rita instructed. "Now, answer the question."

"We didn't enter ourselves. Someone else did," Harry answered.

"Come on, Harry, there's no need to lie," Rita said with a sickly smile on her face.

"I'm not lying. We don't know who-"

"So, are you nervous for the tasks ahead?" Rita interrupted once more.

"Of course we are! Some random person put our names into a competition that kills people!" Rose exclaimed. Rita narrowed her eyes.

"Yes, you would know all about killing people," Rita sneered at her. Rose stared at her with a gaping mouth.

"Anyways, Harry, you've already looked death in the eye. How would you say that's affected you?"