i should get stuck more often

imagine going skiing with your boyfriend, Vernon.

The air was cool and refreshing. You enjoyed the way your hair would flow behind you and you'd even catch Vernon watching you from afar as he sets up your gear. You would laugh when his ears would turn red, a shy smile on his face.

"Cute," you would say and swiftly plant a kiss on his cheek.

Once you're all set and ready to go, the both of you stood on top of the snowy mountain, gawking at the beautiful white view. Vernon squeezed your gloved hand and turned his head towards you. He wore a snow helmet yet you could still feel him smile at you.

"Let's race," you said, with such confidence.

Vernon, being a softie, didn't want to risk you getting hurt or get dumped by a thick bed of snow. He didn't know that you had certain skills up your sleeves and was willing to show him how it's done.

"Fine, but be careful."

"Yes, Dad."

You settled on whoever passes a certain tree first, gets to pay for dinner for the whole trip. It wasn't much but at least you managed to convince Vernon's gentleman side, which is something that you'd love to tease about.

He probably gets it from Joshua.

"Ready? " He asks, tightening his grip on the poles. "Get set..."

"GO! " you yelled, wanting to have an early advantage but Vernon saw it coming and was now skiing next to you.

You crouched down even further, still maintaining your balance, and zoomed right past trees covered with snow. Your eyes then saw the tree that Vernon picked out and went past it. You cheered and skidded to a stop, taking off your helmet. You were about to shout for joy when you noticed that your boyfriend wasn't with you.

Panic floods your system as you took off your skiing gear and ran to search for him.

You heard someone groan from your left and turned to find Vernon stuck under the snow. He only has his top half visible. He sees you coming and waves a hand on the air.

"Hi," he sheepishly says, a goofy smile on his face.

You laughed and knelt down. "Hello."

"Guess I'll be treating you for the whole trip."

"I guess you are."

"I should get stuck more often."

A chuckle left your mouth as you leaned down and kissed him. When you pulled away, he shivers and laughs.

"Can you help me out, please?