award

imagine being Seventeen's producer and composer and a very close friend of Vernon.

He's actually the one who suggested the job since he didn't want your talent to go to waste, especially since you've been shy your whole life. All you could think of is the fans' negative reactions towards your music and it made you anxious every time they release a new single.

But when you heard them get an award for one song that you wrote by yourself, you felt satisfied and happy. Very happy that you danced around yours and Vernon's shared apartment.

You stopped when your eyes saw that Vernon was pushing past his members to stand in front of the microphone. You sat down and listened intently to what he was about to say, thinking that he was just gonna thank his Carats, but you were surprised when you heard your name.

"(Y/n)," he hums through the mic. You blushed at the screams of the fans. They shipped the both of you hardcore; loving how Vernon is more active when he's with you.

"I know you're watching this and I just wanna say, thank you. If it wasn't for yours, Woozi hyung's, and Bumzu hyung's amazing skills then we wouldn't be standing on this stage today. We wouldn't be on a stage in general."

You felt touched by his words and found yourself smiling at the television.

"You don't have to be anxious whenever we release music because everybody loves your work. It's art and I'm really thankful to have you by my side- by our side."

The other members began to tease him about his slip up and it made everyone coo at the Korean-American. Vernon smiles sheepishly but doesn't regret saying it.

"We'll see you later to celebrate, okay? Saranghae~ "

And you did celebrate when they came back. You felt as if you also won an award by seeing them happy and playful with each other, which made Vernon fall for you even more. To Vernon, you deserved to receive an award and he awarded you with a kiss once you got home.