cake

- happy Kim Mingyu day everyone!!!

imagine about to surprise Mingyu for his birthday. You two were very close friends and you'd do anything to make him happy.

What better way to make him happy by inviting his family?

Seventeen had a fan sign and Mingyu was getting showered with love, greetings, and presents whilst you were impatiently waiting for the cake that you ordered. You were fidgeting in nervousness but a hand on your arm made you stop.

Mingyu's sister, Min Seo, gave you an encouraging smile. "Take it easy, (y/n). You don't want to ruin the surprise, do you? "

You sighed and held her hand. "I don't. I just want it to be perfect, you know? "

"And it will be," she nods. "Look! There's the cake! "

[ s k i p ෆ╹ .̮ ╹ෆ ]

"Everyone on their places? " You whispered from the back. Everyone nods as you pushed the door open, letting Mingyu's family push the cart towards the front. The fans noticed the tiered cake and gasped at the sight of Mingyu's family. You told them to sing and, Carats being supportive, they did. Some of them even took out their handmade banners for the birthday boy, which was also part of the project.

The boys looked up, seeing what was happening and sang along. Mingyu let's out a surprised gasp, standing out of his chair to greet his family. You stood at the back and admired how happy everyone was, until Min Seo points at you.

"Yah! (Y/n)! " Mingyu calls out through his microphone, a little teary eyed which made fans coo and you to pout. You rushed to him and let him embrace you tightly.

You chuckled. "Happy birthday, love."

Mingyu pulls away, looks deep into your eyes, and kisses you in front of the crowd. You stood there shocked and frozen as he pulls away. His family were all smiles, his members were bouncing out of their seats, and the fans were a wreck.

"Thank you so much," he says, sincerity in his tone. "For everything.

You smiled and pecked his lips. "Anything for you."

"Um," Everyone turns to Dokyeom, who tapped on his mic. He looks at you and Mingyu, a shy smile on his face.

"Can we eat the cake? "