Home

March 2019

Harry

"Harry, dear, come down! Jim and Susanne will be here in a few minutes "

I arrived home yesterday evening after spending most of the winter in Los Angels, writing and working on my new album, on the new me.

The me after Camille.

I would never in a million years have thought that I could write an entire album about one girl, yet here I am -with too many songs about her.
It's been nine months since she broke up with me and in this time, thanks to some help from friends, mum, and Gemma I came to the conclusion that our split up was for the best.
Don't get me wrong. I loved her, she was all I could wish for at the time, but looking back now, I know we were never meant to be: too different, too stubborn, and our view of the future was not the same. Camille was ready to start a family and settle down, I was too focused on touring and enjoying my new career as a singer without the boys.

So here I am, at home, with an almost done second album, full of hope and ready to let the world know the new me, more carefree, happier and...

Really hungry

"Coming!"

Once downstairs I go into the kitchen and find mom struggling with the roast she started cooking this afternoon. The aroma makes my mouth water. If there is one thing I love about coming home it's mum's cooking. No one can say no to her roast... Or her Sheperd's pie... Or her pancakes.

I'm starving

"What can I do?" I ask while examining the potatoes that are cooking on the fire.

She puts the baking tray on the kitchen counter and gives me a slight pat on the hand when I try to steal a potato.

"Don't touch, it's for dinner!" I puff a little bit and raise my hands smiling.

"I was just checking that nothing was burning, mom, I didn't want to eat anything"

"I know when you're lying Harry," she says shaking her head, "Go help Gemma.... ".

"I did it on my own mum. If I was waiting for him, we'd be done in the morning, and then instead of dinner, you'd have to give Jim and Susi breakfast. He was too busy daydreaming upstairs to help out"
My sister grumbles walking into the kitchen and sitting on a stool.

"You know, mum called you for ten minutes before you decided to bring your butt down here."

"Oi! I wasn't dreaming! I was thinking about work things" I argue, sending her a look.

"Oh yes? Like what? The next colour of nail polish to put on?"

"No! And by the way, my nail polish is pretty. Mum Tell your daughter that my nails are beautiful!"

"What are you five? Do you need mommy to defend you?"
Mum looks at us in awe on the other side of the counter and shakes her head.

"Gemma leave him alone. Harry your nails are gorgeous. " this answer makes me stick my tongue out at Gemma "But your sister is right, I called you long before you came down" now Gemma takes her turn to show me her tongue with a smirk.

"Fuck off" I whisper to Gemma, convinced our mother is too busy putting the roast on a plate to hear me, but her look as she picks up the tray potatoes and impacts tells me something else.