Night Out Pt2

"Barefoot and a bottle of wine
You can stay with me tonight
You don't have to change when I'm around you
So go ahead and say what's on your mind"

Noelle

"Mae put down the phone and help me decide what to wear"

After I came home this morning I had a little breakdown, even though I promised myself that it wouldn't happen anymore, for a moment I was overwhelmed by everything.

The moment lasted more or less half an hour and was very Bridget Jones style, with sad, loud, music, a glass of wine and a couple of cigarettes... smoked in my room.

I shouldn't have smoked in my room.

It was a pretty shitty idea, considering I had to air it out and spray half a can of air freshener to get the stink out and hope my dad didn't smell it when he gets home from work.

After my break down I had a long nice bath and called Thomas on FaceTime. We spoke for about two hours and by the time we ended the call, the water in the bathtub was cold and my skin was crimped.

I shaved, put some lotion on, and decided to put a sludge Mask by Neem on my face.

But the time I was done, Mae and my dad came home and we spent the rest of the afternoon watching TV programs and playing board games.

Currently, I am immersed in my closet, looking for something to wear tonight. Mae was supposed to help me out but all she did since we came up in my room was stick her nose in her phone.

"Oi"! I throw one of the pillows that I keep in the armchair by the closet and hit her in the face "Who are you texting?"

She rubs her head where I hit her, puts the phone on the bed and throws the pillow back at me, dropping it at my feet "Nobody".

I laugh at her, "Yeah, I had a couple of nobody at your age, too".

She shocks her head putting her hands on her ears "Ew... I don't need to know."

"What? It's one of the more natural things in the world!" I tell her.

I'm not a shy person, I talk about sex when it's needed, without getting into the details like Hannah does, I think it's normal to do it, in fact, I find it absurd that for many it's still taboo.

" I know it's normal... But really... It's just... I don't know"

I go sit in front of her on my bed crossing my legs and grabbing her hands in mine.

"Mae, what is it?" I frown.

It's strange to see her like this, Mae, just like me, is not a shy person, on the contrary, she is much more extroverted than me and to be her age, she is a very confident girl who never is a loss of words.

Must be something big

She stares at her lap with a pout" I'm a little bit confused Noelle" she admits.

"What about?"

"There's this person that I kind of like at school" she is still looking at her lap, not daring to raise her gaze, her cheeks red.

"Okay and... It's not the first guy that you like right?"

Now I'm confused, I remember clear as a day the first time Mae told me she liked some kid from her school.