Night Out Pt 1

"A little party never killed nobody, so we gon' dance until we drop
A little party never killed nobody, right here, right now's all we got"

Noelle

So, here's the thing:

I cook... Hard.

When I'm sad, angry, happy, confused, but mostly, when I'm nervous.

And let me tell you: I've been very nervous these days.

After I stormed inside Anne's house Sunday night, I came up with an excuse, asked my dad for our house keys, took my handbag and left.

Slamming the door.

Not my best time. But I was too angry to care.

Once I was safe inside my house I unpacked my luggage and took a long hot shower hoping it would help me calm down.

It didn't happen

And neither did going back to my room. Memories kept coming back. All the emotions I had buried were back to the surface, ready to ask for the check.

Even less helpful, was the fact from my bedroom window, I could clearly see his, and his light on.

I slept all day on Monday, getting up just to use the bathroom and answer a text from Thomas, Carter and Hannah.

Hannah... that traitor.

Turns out she knew Harry was home. Apparently, the asshole texted John to let him know he was coming, and she decided not to tell me anything after my reaction in the car.

I thought you'd see his car and anyway it's time to make a point, she told me.

Well, fuck off.

I don't need to make a point. I need him to stay as far away from me as possible.

I was up at six on Tuesday, after making coffee, drinking two cups and brushing my teeth, I started making breakfast for Dad and Mae. Scrambled eggs, pancakes, fruit salad, waffles and orange juice.

When an hour later, they appeared in the kitchen, their expression was shocked. There was food everywhere: on the table, on the kitchen counter.

Everywhere.

Things got a little out of hand after that. Especially after I opened the fridge and realized it was full of ready and frozen foods.

Typical.

Those two would not know how to prepare something healthy and tasty even if explained how to do step by step.

My father once managed to burn bread by defrosting it in the microwave.

From that day, he refused to even light a stove.

So here we are, today is Friday, during the week I went groceries shopping, and now in the house, there is food to feed a small army. I've been trying to cook and freeze as much as I can so those two don't starve to death when I go to London. The fridge is full, the freezer is full, hell, even the one in the garage is full.