Chapter 15 |An appalling revelation|

I present to you the very sexy Shivam Bhaargava as Advay!

"Laila!"

"Advay?"

"How are you babe? How did the events go today? My work's gonna take a while so I'll be probably stuck here for another few weeks." Advay answered sadly.

"I'm fine Dev and the events were tiring but were fun. Try to take it easy, don't overwork yourself and keep warm, I've heard it's quite cold in Austria." She heard him chuckle softly.

"Okayyyy, Ill be fine!" Stopping for a fleeting second he confessed, "I miss you lailai."

"I miss you too, return soon."

"I will babe. It's quite late in Dubai right now, go to sleep." He ordered. Bidding their byes, she kept her phone aside.

Ah Advay! She sighed. Advay was her boyfriend of four months now. They had been really good friends from the past two years. She was delighted to find a fellow Indian at her job she was working at. They had suddenly clicked and formed a warm bond. She recalled how supportive he'd been with her, guiding her, invigorating her, being there at times of need. He had been such a good friend and she confessed that, only to find that he didn't return the feelings in only a friendly manner and wanted something more with her, something deep.

She had had quite a few trysts, hook ups if you will, in the past few years but not a real commitment. The thought scared her. After going through that sudden marriage with Arnav, she was scared of long term commitments, much to her shock. She'd told him that she'd been married before. She was scared about how he'd react because she genuinely felt a liking towards him but he shocked her by confessing that it made no difference to him, and he accepted her how she was. It warmed her heart. It was from that day they took everything slow and steady which was the reason they held such a good relationship today.

Advay was a nice guy, who came from a rich family and had unfortunately lost his mother five years ago due to cancer followed by his father who was miserable because of the passing news of his wife. He told her how it took years for him to build up again, but at the end he did it. He was a savvy businessman and CEO to a big software company which kept him greatly busy.

She tossed and turned for a couple long minutes, only to realize that sleep was far. There were some undefined feelings, she couldn't name them but whatever they were, they were exciting, thrilling, and happy? She was bewildered by them, was really anxious and for what she could think, for no certain reason.

Sitting up straight in her bed she took her MacBook Air and decided to watch "Friends" a show she had irrevocably fallen in love with and was crazy about. Getting up, she strode towards the kitchen to get herself some popcorn. Once back, she got comfortable in her pillowy bed and played the series. Sleep was nowhere near, might as well kill the time with some entertainment.

~~**~~

The next morning rolled in earlier than expected. The Raizada family was running here and there to arrange their things in their rooms. It was a big mansion which required a lot of walking to get from one end to the other. Arnav kept thinking about getting a lift installed for his grandmother.

Aditya loved it here, he confessed to everyone. They had a humongous garden behind the living room, so there was ample place for him to play.

"Shouldn't we go and greet some neighbors in the evening?" Questioned Manorama.

This was a new place and they didn't know a lot of people here.

"I don't know if that's smart to do yet mami. This is a very posh, rich and private neighborhood, surrounded by many celebrities and business people. I don't think they'll like us invading their privacy. If they want to visit us, they're always welcome but we should probably wait a couple days even if you do want to visit." Anjali suggested.

"I agree with di maaji. We should wait for a while and settle down first. But we're new here so it would be nice to inform some close neighbors. We could then perhaps visit that house over there." Payal pointed towards the big villa that stood behind their garden. The windows were made of clear glass and the curtains were the only things that shielded what was going on inside, which were currently drawn to at that moment giving them a good view inside.

They settled upon that decision.

After arranging a couple things, sorting out the mess they made with their luggage, the ladies decided to go for some groceries as the kitchen didn't have the necessities needed for their specific cooking.

With Anjali clad in a dark blue summer dress that reached slightly below her knees, to Payal in a brown long sleeved summer dress that reached slightly above her knees, to Manorma in black pants and a light red shirt, they made their way to the car.

They had grown accustom to such wear in the past years. They realized that they weren't obligated to wear sarees only, if they tied the knot. Manorma's once weird combinations of color matches that would be clashing with each other had now turned into a soft yet visible glam. Payal had made her understand that she looked like a joker on a rainbow day in very sugarcoated words. She had from then understood, and understood well and toned down her face beat.

With Anjali's limp gone and her knee healed, it had given her a lot of confidence and she had given into the wish of wearing western clothes. She felt comfortable and young in them.

Payal had a similar story to tell. She generally didn't have problems with wearing such clothes, the need to always impress the in laws and her morals was what held her back. But steadily that had changed. They were modern women now. The once always filled parting and mangalsutra was exchanged with their respected engagement rings. They would be, but very rarely, dressed in the very typical daughter-in-laws attire, mostly at the elderly events. For the rest they had their freedom.

"You wanna drive?" Payal asked. Anjali shook her head as a no.

With Anjali in the passenger seat, Manorama at the back and Payal driving, they made their way onto the road.

*******************************************
Woaaahhhh!!! Was that expected from Laila? 🤯 Not for me 😂 (says the the one who wrote this😂) Please just know that this is going to be a slow paced story so kindly be patient with me. This was needed for certain reasons but just know that It's all gonna be ARSHI at the end.

Also Let's just imagine that payal and Anjali magically got their driving license because, HELL that can be difficult. I've heard that getting a license in Dubai too is extremely hard. Though I don't live there I still can definitely relate to that. 😂 😩😂

I wanna clarify somethings. I'm not judging someone who wears sindoor and mangalsutra on a daily, I respect that and you've the right to do what you please, so by no means am I judging that.
I've seen a lot of people and celebrities get married but not always obtain a married women attire on a regular basis, so judging upon that I thought it would be ok to squeeze in the western interference in this way too.

Anyway let me know your thoughts and please do vote if you liked it and comment, it keeps me motivated : )

P E A C E