Chapter 28 |Hugs and conversations|

They sat there looking at each other. One's expression held pain and the other bitterness.

Few years ago we must've have guessed that the pained expression belonged to Khushi and the bitterness belonged to the mighty Arnav Singh Raizada. Well, the roles have definitely reversed since then.

No matter how civil Khushi wanted to be, she just couldn't help getting the flashbacks of him mishandling her yet again on a certain night, three years ago. Yes she forgave him, but the bitterness in her heart remained, and probably shall always remain.

Arnav now understood how words could affect one tremendously. Few year ago such words wouldn't have bothered him one bit, he could care less about what people thought of him, said about him, but it was about Khushi this time. It had always been about her. Her words held so much meaning to him. No matter how hard he tried to shrug them off, how hard he tried to not let them affect him, they just magically did. And the words she kept slapping him with made his heart break.

"We should get going." She voiced but it didn't quite reach him.

He needed a minute to take in everything. He had expected her to change but such a drastic change? In such a short time? If it meant her giving it back to him with such harsh words, he didn't want to talk about apologies anymore.

"How are you?" He diverted the topic in a jiffy.

"Huh?"

"I asked how are you? How've you been?"

She passed him a bewildered look.

"Uhhh I've been great. How are...you?" She asked awkwardly, startled by the sudden change of topic.

"Could be better, but I'm fine."

Okayyy where was this heading now? The question clouded Khushi's mind.

"Great!" She gave him an awkward smile.

"So, companies and all eh?" He asked her, returning a smile.

Her smile seemed to have brightened without a specific reason.

"Yeah!" She laughed. "You know it's really weird talking to you about my businesses. I don't know but it just feels so foreign." She expressed.

"I'd understand that if I were you." He gave her a grin.

A comfortable silence settled upon them.

"You're my neighbor."

"Surprisingly. Would've never guessed that." She covered up the obscure truth with a harmless canard.

"You live there alone?"

"Mostly yes, I just recently shifted here from my penthouse a couple weeks ago."

"Who else does live with you?"

She passed him a weird look. "That's personal."

Not wanting to push her buttons he diverted the topic to the architect of the house. "It looks like a beautiful house."

"It is. It was my parents."

"Really?"

"Yeah! They had it built a long time ago. I just had it renovated a bit, a few months ago."

Nodding his head, he admired her face. "You look beautiful!"

The abrupt compliment made her cheeks flush red, no matter how much she didn't want to blush, she couldn't help the red apples her cheeks would suddenly transform into during his presence, especially when he'd compliment her a few years ago.

"Uhh thank you!" She thanked awkwardly. "You look great too." She decided to return the compliment, only to see him smile brightly.

"Umm we should...uhh.... get going. Everyone must be wondering where I am." She said, wanting to leave as soon as she could.

Sensing her restlessness, he agreed. They quietly made their way to the other side of the house.

Arnav had a sudden urge to hug her, embrace her in his warm one, feel her against him after such an excruciatingly long time. He hadn't jumped at her no matter how much he wanted to. He'd been good, so what's wrong in asking?

Stopping in his tracks he held her back. Khushi felt his warm fingers clasp around her arm. She passed him a confused look.

"Can I hug you?" He asked, his voice filled with sincere need, love and care. "Please?" He whispered.

"Ummm-" she didn't know what to say.

"Khushi please!" He whispered, helplessly.

She slowly lifted her arms, inviting him. It was then that he tightly wrapped his arms around her waist, held her close to himself, hid his face in the crook her her neck and breathed a sigh of relief.

"I missed you so much!" He breathed out, still hiding his face in her neck, nuzzling that region with his nose.

Khushi needed a moment to register what just happened.

This is such an intimate hug. This shouldn't be happening, it shouldn't be this close and tight. She reminded herself.

Without her heels she would've reached much below his shoulder level and hugged his waist, but because of her heels she had to loosely wrap her arms around his neck.

Her stiff posture slowly melted in his tight embrace, as his warm, minty breath tickled her neck. He had become so buff, even more beastly with this shredded body. She was tempted to tighten her arms around his neck, and run her hands through his silky curls that caressed her neck now, giving her an ineffable sensation. But NO, she wasn't gonna give in so easily.

They stood there, in each other's embrace, breathing in a rhythm.

Khushi realized that she had to get out of his hold, before doing something she would regret later. Untangling herself from him was a tough task as he wouldn't loosen his hold on her.

"Arnav we have to go now." She reminded. The certain 'Ji' she always liked respectfully pairing his name with, had she long erased.

"I know!" He whispered in her neck.

Suddenly footsteps were heard nearing them. It was then after a light push from Khushi, Arnav parted.

"Khushi?" Called out Payal.

"I'm coming Jiji!" She replied, rushing to her sister, not wanting her to find her with Arnav.

"Itni deyr kyun laga di tune?" Payal asked her with a frown. (Why did you take so long?)

"Woh...w-woh..mein gum gayi jiji. It's my first time in this house so I kinda got lost. Arnav was just showing me the way back." She stuttered, not yet wanting to disclose the scene that just took place recently. (Umm...I...I got lost.)

Payal passed Arnav and her a weird look, before escorting Khushi back to where everyone sat.

Arnav supported a satisfied expression. He was happy he got to embrace her.

Oh how she still fit so perfectly in his arms. He thought with a wide grin, before making his way back to the living room.

**********************************************
They hugged..... phewww!!! This was kinda complicated to write, so I apologize if it turned to be somewhat crappy.

How'd you guys find it? Do let me know ; )