Chapter 46 |(2)The flashback continues|

Please do ⭐️ vote and comment, it really means a lot to a writer putting so much effort into writing despite a very hectic schedule! If you aren't comfortable to share your views, you can always message me privately!

The next couple days passed in a blur without any major happenings. The new sleeping arrangement for Arnav and Khushi had become a permanent one. At the end of their busy days both would sleep together on the same bed. They also would communicate about their busy days to each other, would silently eat together sometimes when gotten a chance. All was well, which Khushi especially was very grateful for.

On a certain day, after breakfast when everyone had left the table and went on for their day, Khushi had taken the responsibility to clean up with Hari Prakash.

As she was busy in her business, she saw the man she loathed the most walk in with a sly smirk playing on his lips.

His mere presence disgusted her!

Looking at him, she averted her gaze and resumed back to work.

"Kaisi hain hai aap Khushiji? Itnay din hogaye apka haseen chehra dekhey hoye." His smirk remained planted. (How are you Khushi? So many days passed without having seen your beautiful face)

"Dafa ho jaiye aap yahan sey! Sharam nahi aati apko aisi baatein kartey woh bhi ussi chhat kay nichay jahan pey apki biwi bhi rehti hai." She replied, nauseated by him. (Get lost from here. Don't you have any shame saying such things under a roof where you're wife too lives) 

"Arrey! Hum kya karein ab? Aap ko dekh kay bas besharam khyaal hi attay hain." (Ahh, what can I do now? Only shameless thoughts run through my mind seeing you)

She pushed him away with all her strength. Seeing his gaze darken, she feared.

"Hum jaante hain, uss Arnav kay saath toh aap rehti hain lekin khyaal apko meray hi attay hain." He expressed with pride. (I know, even if you live with Arnav, I'm the only one you dream about)

"Meray pati kay baray mein aisay baat aap na hi karein toh acha hoga." She replied vividly, her eyes spitting fire. (It'll be good if you stop talking like this about my husband)

"Pati?" He laughed, "kaisa pati? Wohi pati jisnay apse shaadi kar kay apko itna bezat honay diya? Wohi pati jo aik nazar apki taraf dekta hi nahi hai? Wohi pati jo aik pati hokar bhi woh kuch nahi kar sakta joh aik pati ka haq hota hai." (Husband! What husband? A husband that married you and let you be ashamed, degraded and taunted by everyone? A husband that doesn't even look at you properly? A husband that is though married but never has a manly right on his wife?)

Her heart pained for a second, playing the brutalities Arnav had committed on her in the last months but she changed her mind before it could dive deep into sadness.

How would this disgusting man know everything that has changed in the past days when he himself wasn't here to witness? She thought.

"Suniy-" She said but was cut off by him. (Liste-)

"Hum jaante hain apke or Arnav kay beech mein kuch theek nahi hai. Aap dono pati patni toh hain par jo aik pati patni kertay hai, aap ney na hi kiya hai or na hi karein gay." He said, victory written on his face. (I know that nothing is fine between you and Arnav. You both sure are husband and wife but I'm sure you both haven't done anything that a couple does or would ever do)

How can he be sure of everything he's saying and most of it is indeed right? She thought shocked.

As she was about to say something, in walked Anjali, surprised to see them together.