Chapter 45|(1)The flashback continues|

Please do ⭐️ vote and comment, it really means a lot to a writer putting so much effort into writing despite a very hectic schedule! If you aren't comfortable to share your views, you can always message me privately!

The early morning rays shining through the transparent windows filled the room with it's peaceful light, waking him.

The first thing that came in Arnav's view was the angel who had rescued him last night, laying comfortably on his outstretched arm.

He sighed softly!

What a weird relationship they shared! There was actually nowhere something close to a definition for what they shared. Their relation was tacit, the one expressed without words.

He was embarrassed. Embarrassed by the scene he'd created last night. He didn't mean to but then she was there and she just looked so...comforting, she looked like home, which was uncanny to say. Finally giving in, he found solace in her peaceful arms. One he longed for from many years. 

Making a mental note to not bring up last night's situation unless she did, he pulled his arm away from under her neck and left to start his morning.

Khushi in the meantime woke from her slumber only to be startled to find herself on his bed.

Last night's memory came rushing down her way. She was not sure what to make out of that situation or what to say either. But one thing she was sure of, he was having an atrocious nightmare and she knew exactly what it felt like to have one. He needed her and she provided him with the comfort he required, simple and end of discussion. She really didn't want to talk about it to him. Hopefully he wouldn't bring it up.

Slipping her feet into the slippers, she strode towards her wardrobe only to be greeted by him coming out of the bathroom.

"Hi!" He said almost suddenly.

"Hi"

"Woh Khushi kal raat-" He begun even when he had decided against it but now it just seemed ok somehow. It was as if he was desperate to address it himself even when he didn't want to. (Khushi last night-)

"Hum samajhte hain. Koi baat nahi." To his relief, she answered, grabbing suitable clothes for the day from her side of the wardrobe and heading towards the bathroom without further discussion. (I understand, no problem)

Without dragging the conversation further long, he made his way downstairs to give her some privacy.

~~**~~

Khushi together with her sister was preparing breakfast for everybody.

The next minute came Anjali inside, greeting them with a wide smile and offering a helping hand.

As Anjali strode towards the pan to touch it, Khushi got horrified for her wellbeing.

The pan's handle had some issues, if the pan heated the handle too would get very hot which was unknown to Anjali.

As she was about to touch it, Khushi stepped forward and held the blazing handle and swiftly set it aside, burning herself severely.

"Ahhh!" She shrieked in pain.

Arnav who had just walked in to get some water, witnessed the whole scene with his eyes. Khushi put herself in danger just to save his sister?

The bruise on her palm turned more red with each passing second.

"Khushi!" Payal, Anjali and Arnav called out worried.