Chapter 30 |The Guptas discussion|

Reaching her office, Khushi demanded for an espresso to get the strong caffeine to wake her filled with questions mind.

Now that the successful launch of her cosmetic product was done, which had occupied her from last few months and kept her mostly busy there, it was time for her to start paying her other company the same attention. They were basically like her first children and she wanted neither of them to feel neglected.

She settled in her comfortable seat and her mind drifted back to the little episode that took place today.

Oh how everything had changed!

Anjali didn't limp anymore and had a child. Manorma had behaved somewhat decently. The ever so shy jijaji (brother-in-law) of hers was glued to her sister the whole while, passing her flirty looks. Jiji called Arnav, just Arnav without the 'Ji' even in front of the others too, like what? They all weren't formal with each other but so at ease unlike the last time she saw. Nani and Manohar remained the same but....Arnav.

The emotions she thought she'd locked up well till now, weren't secured enough, and she found that just today. Shaking her head, trying to distinguish the thoughts her mind clouded with, she started to pay attention to her work.

Her meetings which were postponed from a long time were due, soon she heard from her assistant.

She hadn't really paid attention to people who wanted to make a deal with her as the chairperson of her company was dealing with all that from the past couple months. He was someone she trusted a lot in her absence.

"We have been dealing with the smaller companies from the last couple months and siding the most profitable ones aside as they require your presence the most. I think it's time you take a look at the companies who want to collaborate. They're all very beneficial for us." Explained Liam, the chairman of her company.

She nodded confirming she was understanding what he was saying.

"Do you want to go through the list of the business associates we're gonna be dealing with in the coming days? I've picked up the best ones."

Sipping from her espresso shot she replied. "I trust you Liam, and whoever you must've chosen would for sure be advantageous for us."

He passed her a grin. "That's good to know Laila. These are some really good companies we will be working with. One of them is an extremely beneficial one. The CEO just recently moved his company to Dubai and they have been up and running and doing an absolutely impeccable job."

They further talked about setting up dates very soon and meeting up with some of the associates they'd be doing business with.

~~**~~

Back in India was Shashi Gupta along with his wife and sister, busy praying to the Goddess. Waking up early, this was mostly how their busy routines started.

A lot had changed for them as well in the past years. They had seen one of their daughter become a protective girl and take care of everyone maturely, their Payal. And then they had seen their other daughter, their Sanka Devi (mischievous queen), their angel, the forever little princess who they had wronged tremendously, flourish into an even beautiful and successful girl, their beautiful Khushi, their Laila.

They had seen their daughters conquer the world in just a span of a few years. Their daughters had brought them from a zero to a hundred in just a couple years. They were proud to call them theirs, their tigresses.

Garima Gupta, who being done with the morning prayers, was busy making breakfast for her family.

Oh how she missed her little girls, she sighed.

She longed to sit with Khushi especially who she hadn't seen in three and a half years. But she was happy that her Khushi had her sister there together with her now.

"Ayee Garima ayo hum tumri madad karday." Insisted buaji. (Aye Garima, come let me help you.)

"Nahi nahi jiji, yeh sab bilkul teyaar hai aap jaa kay Shashiji kay saath table pay bethiye, hum abhi aye." (No no sister, there's no need. This is almost done. You go sit with Shashi, I'll be joining you in a minute.)

She took the steaming parathas out to present for breakfast, to her hardworking husband who had recovered in a snap of fingers in the past years, with good treatment and care, in which Payal, Khushi, she, buaji all had played their special roles in. Being it from taking care of him or the financial support from Khushi and her always being worried about them. Both their daughters constant check on them, always warmed their hearts.

The Raizadas had insisted a lot of times for helping, but they bluntly refused, because they were being provided with everything needed from their daughters. When they saw his expensive treatment and rapid recovery, being taken care of, then only did they shut up.

Arnav had deposited a lot of money in their account without their knowledge, which Payal later found out and forced him to take back.

Their relationship with the Raizadas seemed civil now, because it was buaji who was the most aggravated by the revelations and used to lash out every time they'd see them, but that had died down in the last years.

"Arey Garima tum beth jao eehan, araam sey nashta karo baad mein baki batein." Ordered Shashi to his wife. (Garima please sit down already and have breakfast calmly, other things can be taken care of later.)

They started indulging in the delicious food. Food had also become an important deal for them. Shashi was to only eat less cholesterol things, less this more that, in short, healthier substitutes of an unhealthy ingredient.

"Tum keh rahi thi kay tumhari parson Raizada parivaar kay saath baat hui thi. Kah keh rahay they woh aur kya woh sab sahi salamat paunch gaye kya?" He asked. (You were telling me that day before yesterday you talked to the Raizadas. What were they saying, and did they reach Dubai safely?)

Sighing she told them the conversation she had with Devyaniji.

"Woh zyada kuch toh nahi bol rahey they bas haal a waal leney kay liye phone kiya tha aur yeh bataney kay liye kay woh log sahi salamat wahan paunch gaye." (They just wanted to formally ask about our wellbeing and inform that they'd safely reached.)

Their minds drifted to a few weeks back when they'd gone to bid farewell to them at the Raizada Mansion. It had been hard sending their second daughter away as well, but this was what was planned by the almighty. It had been an emotional farewell, but they'd always look forward to speak to their daughters on the phone.

They had accepted that their daughters weren't average girls anymore, not that they'd ever been, but they were busy businesswomen now and had other responsibilities and they respected that.

"Chalo ee toh acha hi hai kay Payal bitya humri Sanka Devi kay saath hai ab." Buaji chuckled. (It's good that our dear Payal is together with our mischievous queen now.)

Garima passed her a wide smile, agreeing with her.
"Woh toh hai jiji. Par ab humay chinta lagi hai kay Khushi bitya ko Raizada parivaar se jald hi milna paray ga. Devi Maiyya ki kripa sey sab acha ho." Said a now worried Garima. (I agree jiji. But I'm a bit worried for Khushi bitya because she now has to soon come face to face with the Raizadas. Hopefully dear Mother Goddess will bring nothing but good.)

Shashi listened carefully to his wife worrying and said sternly. "Kis baat ki chinta hai tumko? Humri sherni kam nahi kay woh dar kay bhagay. Uko pata hai aisi cheezon ko kaisay sambhalna hai." (What are you worrying for huh? My girl is no less than a tigress that she'd get scared and run away. She knows well now how to handle such situations.)

Knowing about their daughter well, they were sure she'd handle it. Little did they know that her daughter had already met them, and it had gone decently well.

************************************************
Finally an insight of the Guptas. I'd thought it'd be good to include a little conversation about them, as it wasn't done before in detail.

What do you guys thinks?

Also we've come to the 30th chapter of this story. Yaaaayy!

Love y'all 💕