Chapter 29 |Did you just roll your eyes at me?|

While making their way to the other side, Payal questioned Khushi what had happened.

"I'll tell you later." Had been her abbreviate reply.

Upon reaching the living room, she saw everyone sitting and having their desired drinks. This had been an old habit of the Raizadas. First drinks, then the meal, then again some tea to cleanse the pallet.

She took a place beside her sister on the couch, when she suddenly received a text from her assistant regarding work.

"I think I need to leave now." She let Payal know.

"Khushi, kuchi deyr pehlay toh tu ayi thi. Sit a couple more minutes." Insisted her sister. (Khushi you just came a while back.)

"Nahh I don't think I can. Mujhe office jana paray ga jiji. Something came up regarding work." (Nah, I don't think I can. I have to go to office now.)

Payal agreed, understanding her situation.

Nani and the others who were observing the sisters busy in a silent conversation, asked them. "Payal aur Khushi bitya sab theek toh hai na?" (Payal and khushi is everything ok?)

"Ji Nani sab theek hai lekin mujhe abhi jana hoga." Answered Khushi. (Yeah Nani, everything's fine but I have to leave now.)

She could hear everyone disagreeing to this, stating that she had just recently arrived. But she let them know that it was something important regarding her work.

"Chalo theek hai, abhi toh hum miltay hi rahey gay." Said Anjali happily. (Fine then. We'll be meeting a lot from now)

Khushi passed her a slight smile, not wanting to answer to that statement.

"For sure! And 'Zaika' is also opening here on Monday so most of us will be there. Right Khushi?" Asked Payal.

"Bilkul jiji! How can I miss that?" Khushi replied with a grin. (Exactly jiji!)

"Humko bohat acha laga aap humay milnay ayi Khushi bitya." Nani said, lovingly caressing her cheek. (I loved having you here.)

They bade farewell, hugging her and settling upon seeing each other soon.

"Bye bye little Adi, I'll miss you." Khushi confessed to the cute little child, ruffling his hair, who was busy hugging her waist.

Before leaving she decided to compliment their house, as she hadn't done it yet. "By the way, beautiful house you guys have."

"Arrey yeh toh kuch bhi nahi" Nani smiled by the compliment.

Arnav saw her nearing towards the entrance door.

"I'll walk you out." Offered Arnav and Payal at the same time. They passed each other a look of surprise.

"No no! It's fine." She insisted to which Arnav disagreed.

Payal hugged her before letting her walk out. "Text me ok?"

Khushi nodded, passing her a smile. Waving her hand at them for the last time, she walked out along with Arnav who escorted her.

Upon reaching outside the gates she said her goodbyes to him and started walking forward, but to her surprise he didn't head back inside but walked with her.

"You can go inside. I can go by myself." She said gravely.

"But I want to walk you to your house. You just live a couple steps away anyway." Was his reply.

She looked at him smirking before a frown appeared on her face.

He isn't gonna leave me alone now. She thought, aggravated.

Stopping in her tracks she told him.

"Please just go. I can walk by myself." She said through gritted teeth.

"Tumhey kya problem hai with me walking next to you?" He asked with a smirk. (What problem do you have by me waking next to you?)

Rolling her eyes at him she decided to keep quiet and just walking faster.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?" He asked, amused.

Passing him an angry look she kept shut.

"This is probably the longest I've seen you keep quite." He said with a smile.

"Oh really? Then you must've forgotten our marriage period." She mocked.

A look of hurt passed his face which he concealed quickly. Stopping in his tracks he held her hand. "Khushi I can never, and I mean never forget that. I know no apology can make up to how much you've went through, through my hands. How much I've hurt you and I will forever regret that."

The look on his face gave away how sincerely regretful he was. Khushi saw the change in him. She had noticed it the first time her eyes met his beautiful caramel ones. She had that instance noticed that he had changed. But she had absolutely no plans on sharing a relation with him. She didn't want him to think that she was giving him a green signal through being civil.

Before she could think of something else, she saw that they'd reached her gates and her guards were opening the door for her.

"It'd be best if we don't talk about the past anymore." She said, her grave gaze piercing his and her voice laced strictness.

"Can you please take my car out?" She asked the guard courteously, and he obliged quickly.

Soon her Tesla model S was parked in front of the gate, ready for her to drive.

"Nice car!" Masking his emotions quickly, he complimented.

"Thank you!"

It was then that Arnav decided to respectfully leave.

"Well Miss Hadid, it was nice having you. I hope to see you soon." He said, offering her his hand.

"Likewise Mr Raizada." She replied, forwarding her hand to shake with his.

Finally bidding her a farewell, he started to walk back to his house. Khushi then got inside her car and drove off to her office.

Pffff! What a day it had been.