Chapter 23 |The one where nani and khushi talk|

"Hello!" Said Nani gently.

"Hello!" Came a whisper from the other end.

Everyone froze, they all had yearned for this certain voice from so long.

"Kaisi hain aap naniji?" Khushi decided to break the silence. (How are you grandma?)

"Khushi bitya aap!" Said the old women, her eyes now clouded with tears. The rest were the same story.

"Ji nani, main hi hun." She smiled, which could not be seen but was heard by the tone in her voice. (Yes it's me.)

"Khushi bitya aap se baat ker kay humray jigr mein aik dum dhandak parh gayi. Kaisi hain aap? Hum dekhay aapko tv mein aaj. Kitni kamyab hogai aap. Sab devi maiya ki kripa hai." She confessed with happiness. (Khushi my daughter, I feel so content after hearing your voice. How are you? I saw you on tv today. You've become so successful by the grace of the goddess.)

"Mujhe bhi aapse baat ker kay bohat khushi hui naniji." (I too feel really happy talking to you again!)

"Ab hum apko dekhna ka bilkul intezar nahi kar sakte. Aap jald kay jald yahan dhor kay aa jaiye. Hum aur kuch nahi sunay gay apko bas jald kay jald yahan ana paray ga." She told her sternly. (I can't wait to see you now. You come to us as soon as you can and no, I won't hear anything else than that from you.)

Khushi didn't answer for a fleeting second and stilled. Nani understood her hesitation.

"Khushi bitiya hum janath hai aap kis barey mein soch rahi hain. Apko kisi cheez ki chinta kernay ki zarurat nahi hai. Purani batein punarnay kal mein beet gayi, na hi hum unkay baarey mein sochtay hain aur na agay sochengay. Par hum apse maafi zaroor magna chahat hain kyunkay hum sab ney apko bohat dukh ponchaya hai." By now had the old lady started sobbing softly. (Khushi daughter, I know what you are thinking about. You don't have to worry about anything. Old sayings are left in the past, nor did we think about them often nor will we do in the future. But I do wanna ask for your forgiveness, for we have hurt you a lot.)

"Nahi naniji yeh kya keh rahi hain aap. Please aap rona band kijiye." She pleaded, embarrassed by how the elderly was apologizing to her. (No nani, what are you talking about. Please stop crying.)

"Hum aapse minat kertain hain kay aap humey jaldi milnay aaye. Hum apko bohat yaad karath hain." (Please come and meet me soon. I really miss you.)

"Theek hai naniji, mai aapse jaldi milnay aaungi. Jaisay hi mujhe kuch free time miley mai aa jaungi. Lekin agar yeh sab kay saath theek ho." (Ok Nani, I'll try to, as soon as I can. As soon as I get some free time I'll come visit you. But only if it's ok with the others as well.)

"Kyun nahi theek hoga yeh sab kay saath? Khushi bitya woh sab bhi apko dekhnay kay liye itnay hi utawaley hain jitnay hum hai. Aap kisi cheez ki chinta mat kijiye bas jaldi humray paas aa jayiye." (Why wouldn't they be ok with this? Khushi my daughter, everyone else is just as excited to see you as I am. You don't worry about anything, just come to me soon.)

Payal took the phone from Nani and decided to ask her. "So Miss Laila, kab ayengi aap yahan?" She asked chuckling. (So miss laila, when will you be coming to us?)

Khushi laughed at the sobriquet given to her by her sister. "I don't know jiji. Probably soon."

Everyone's heart warmed hearing the laughter of their once ebullient girl.

It took all of Arnav's willpower to stop himself from snatching the phone and talking to her, but he understood that she will get startled and would probably disconnect so he held himself back. It wouldn't matter really because he'd soon be meeting her, he consoled himself happily.