Chapter 44 |Reminiscing time|

We hit 100k reads guys! Wow that's like unbelievable! Thank you to everyone reading, commenting and supporting. I adore each one of you wholeheartedly! 💕

As the next days dawned upon, things seemed to have calmed, as in no new accidents like that 'certain day' had occurred.

Khushi felt much lighter now after that fervid outburst of hers. It was something she needed having kept so much within from so long.

It was a serene day today and she was just done having coffee together with Advay at hers. Advay didn't live with her though. It was something Khushi weirdly couldn't tolerate, sharing a space together with someone. They would sometimes spend the nights together over at each other's but moving in together seemed inexplainable and not ok for many reasons. She just didn't want to do it yet and Advay seemed ok with it. Seeing each other 24/7, they'd obviously want to eat each other's heads off, they both agreed.

"I'm leaving Laila." Advay shouted.

Khushi came out from the kitchen to bid him a goodbye.

"Bye crackhead." She joked, her face supported an impish smile.

"Come here you silly." He laughed and pulled her in for a quick peck.

Coming back inside after having seeing him off, she smiled to herself cleaning the table.

She heard her phone ringing inside the kitchen. Running over to the sound, she quickly answered.

"So you finally realized you have a sister back home waiting for you." She said sarcastically having seen the caller.

"And there goes my princess." Her brother sighed.

"Stop it akh! Where were you this whole time? You told me you'd be leaving to check on the oil mines in Saudi and will be coming back early. And from my calculations, THIS ISN'T EARLY." She screamed at the end. (Akh: brother)

Her brother laughing at her aggravated her further.

"Laila I'm sorry my 'yooni. I was just so busy and where we were checking on the oil mines, the network seemed very bad. And how can I forget my little sister? Just saying that seems impossible." (Arabic translation; 'Yooni: eyes)

"When are you coming back?" Khushi sighed.

"Very soon. Do you need anything from here that I should get for you?"

"What I want you to get for me is you getting back on your jet and flying back to Dubai the soonest."

"Ok ok! I'll be back very soon." Her brother laughed.

Khushi further informed him about her sister's and her family's arrival here, which he was happy with and asked to pay his regards to Payal. Hanging up she continued tidying up her kitchen, satisfied having finally talked to her cousin brother.

Staring outside her humongous window in front, she caught a very interesting sight.

Little Aditya was seeing playing with his Arnav Mamu, running here and there in their enormous backyard. Arnav was seen fake wrestling with his little nephew, hyping him up as he threw a small harmless punches at Arnav.

The sight, unknown to her, put a wide smile on her face.

He would make such a good dad in the future! She sighed.

She knew he didn't hold much liking towards children but she saw the change. She saw the change now which was very transparent.

Trying to distract herself, she got busied again in the kitchen yet couldn't help but gaze at the scene every now and then.