Chapter 17 |The one where the sisters reunite|

"FUCK!" Swore Payal. The security guards stood right at the gates. How was she gonna get herself out of this situation? She decided to play cool and just walk out. Upon reaching the huge gates she was stopped, much to her annoyance.

"Ma'am where are you going so late at night?" Asked the guard.

"Well I-I-I'm claustrophobic. I felt suffocated in the house so decided to go for a walk and get some fresh air. As you too very well know that this is a very safe and private neighborhood, so I'll be fine." She blurted out, fumbling in the process. She didn't care if she wasn't making any sense, she just needed to get to her sister, by any way possible.

The guard let her go and didn't question further. She walked for five minutes and reached her destination. She felt so proud of her sister. She had stabilized herself so well in these years. Wetness pooled in her eyes.

"Oh my God, another guard! I feel like a bloody thief now." She muttered to herself, wiping the escaping tears.

The guard looked at her with weird looks.

"Salam! I'm a new neighbor and a friend of Laila so I just wanted to drop by and decided to say hello." She greeted and spilled.

"Ma'am it's quite late. I'd recommend you come tomorrow with an identification card." Told the guard gravely.

Arrghhh!! She groaned inwardly. It was a private and well secured neighborhood they lived in, of course the guard wouldn't just let her come in without interrogation. How the hell was she supposed to wait till morning?

"Look! I don't think you're understanding. I'm a good friend of Laila and she told me to come at this hour. Just go and ask her. Tell her...tell her...Kelly is here." She lied bluntly, and came up with a lame excuse.

"You wait here till then."

He came back after a couple minutes.

"You can go in." He said without looking at her.

She made her way inside as fast as possible.

Her sister stood there. She held herself back from crying. She was turned around so her back was only visible to Payal.

Upon hearing the faint footsteps, Laila thought that her friend 'Kelly' had made it inside. Kelly was gonna visit her from Texas and was a night owl. Judging upon that, she guessed that Kelly would definitely want to hangout at night if she'd visit her.

"Kelly I'm so glad to see you. It's good that you finally decided to com-" she turned around and stopped in the middle of her sentence. The Paco Rabbane perfume which one of her friend's had just gifted her, fell on the floor breaking in zillion small shards, causing the fragrant substance to leak everywhere on the cold marble floor.

"Jiji!" She whispered, her voice almost inaudible.

The next moment was ardently emotional for both the sisters. They ran to each other and engulfed each other in their warm embraces.

"Khushi tu-tu..you!" Payal fumbled, caressing her face. Fat tears of joy escaping both their eyes the whole time.

They remained chained to each other for at least five minutes, neither wanted to let go. After the shock and surprise had died down a bit, Khushi told her sister to get comfortable on the couch.

"Jiji mein tumhe dekh kay itna khush hun that I can't even explain!! This is...this is like the best surprise ever, sabse acha wala. Par jiji tum yahan kais-?" Questioned Khushi, only to be cut off by Payal. (Jiji I'm so happy upon seeing you. This like the best surprise ever. But how are you her-)