Chapter 27 |Arnav's Apology|

I wanna start this off with a THANK YOU. You guys, we're at 50k reads....that's insaneee!!! Honestly thank you so much. I love and appreciate each one of you from the bottom of my heart.
Keep reading, keep voting, keep sharing your thoughts, I really appreciate it.

Love y'all ❤️

The moment those words left her mouth, Arnav felt as if someone had painfully squeezed his heart.

Did she go that far? Does she hold absolutely no more feelings for me?

These questions disturbingly kept distracting him from the ongoing conversations for a good couple minutes. Keeping his glaring gaze on her, he stared shamelessly.

To say that the family members were shocked by that, would be something to say. They decided to keep quiet at that certain statement of hers, not wanting to go further into the emotional state.

After a couple minutes Arnav saw her leaving for the restroom with Payal, who showed her the directions.

He needed to get to her, needed to talk to her, hear her, apologize to her. Making an excuse, he got up and left to the other side of the house.

He felt anxious while waiting for her to come out. How would he possibly start the conversation? Get her to talk to him? She'd said that they'd talk later, but judging by her actions, he was uncertain she'd actually do that anymore.

It was after a few minutes he saw her come out. Before she could make her way to the other side, he rushed and held her wrist in his firm grip.

Khushi knew this touch. She could guess it, sense it, feel it. It was a very familiar one. She could exactly make out who this touch belonged to. The rough yet soft touch, the firm grip. The palmar flexion creases of this certain hand were imprinted in her mind from a long time.

Arnav!

Turning around she saw him attentively looking at her. She could see a couple emotions visibly running across his handsome face. Happiness, sadness, anxiousness, and what was that she just saw? Pain?

"What are you doin-" she asked, only to be interrupted by him.

"Please I just want to talk."

"Your family's waiting for me."

"A few minutes... please!" He pleaded.

She was about to turn around and leave when she suddenly remembered Payal's words.

'I know that he has sizably hurt you in the past, and I would never fully forgive him for that. But Khushi he has changed, he has colossally changed over the years, for the good. He too has dealt with his messed up life, it wasn't easy for him too, you know? He almost died.'

Her sister had also said that she'd be really happy if she was to converse with him, even for a couple minutes.

Her stare lingered on his face for a couple seconds.

"What do you wanna talk about?"

His gloomy expression instantly brightened upon hearing that.

"Come, we can go sit somewhere else."

Deciding on not to argue on that she quietly followed him. They reached a pretty place a few minutes later. The sun shined through the beautiful compact room, tiny specks were seen floating in the sunny beam light. A little balcony supported the front of the room, where sat two chairs and a small table.

"Do you want to sit outside?" He asked her the minute he saw her intriguingly looking at the balcony.

Nodding slightly, she was lead to the fresh air. He offered her a chair and sat on the other one himself, much closer than necessary.

For a minute or two he just stared, stared at the angelic beauty that sat in front of him. The sunlight that was covering her face made her look serene.

She softened as soon as the sunshine sat on her face, enjoying the heat over her already heated body.

When she noticed him looking at her from so long without blinking, she squirmed a bit.

"Hi!" She said.

"Hey!" A soft smile played on his lips.

"So what do you wanna talk about?" She questioned.

Upon getting no reaction she said, "just say what you have to otherwise I'm leaving." She threatened with a frown on her face.

He seemed to have realized that he was lost in her.

"No no, I just.... I just can't believe that you're here, in front of me." He said with a cute smile.

"Well believe it then, because I am." Her face devoid of any expression.

Arnav wasn't contrite, because he knew the list of his sins was endless, but he surely wanted to do what he could for now. Apologize truly.

"Khushi I....I want to apologize. For the way that things were, how I'd created those twisted ways, forced you, hurt you. I was madly wrong, so bloody wrong. I'm really very sorry."

"As you should be." Came her curt reply.

Trying to dissemble his shock, he held her hand in his. "I know the things I did, you won't be able to forgive me for them. I can't forgive myself for tha-"

"I've forgiven you already. Don't hold those things locked up in your heart. They mean nothing to me now. Like I said joh hua woh hogaya, let's move past that." Came her incisive reply. (Like I said what happened, happened.)

What has she transformed into? His thoughts interrupted.

"But they mean something to me."

"They shouldn't!" She argued.

Snatching her hand back from his gentle hold she continued. "Look, I said I have forgiven you all. I don't want you people to bombard me with more apologies anymore."

"Khushi I've hurt you so much... how... how can you just forgive me?"

"You're not so important to me kay main aapki sari baatein apney dil pay laga kay rakhun. Just leave it and move on." (You're not so important to me that I let your words affect me so deeply or hold them close to my heart.)

These were the exact same words he had so capriciously thrown at her face once, not knowing the affect they would have on her.

And today he knew exactly how it must've felt.

**********************************************
Arnav seemed to have realized the meaning his words often hold, and how deeply they affect.
Let's see what's coming up next 😉
Y'all know the drill!!! Vote, and share your thoughts. Not only do I appreciate them but they motivate me to write more and more. 😊

XOXO 💕