Chapter 34 |The preparations begin|

Sunday came soon and passed in a jiffy and there were only a couple hours left for Payal's restaurant to open.

It had been a chaotic day for her, organizing everything immaculately, making sure not to have the tiniest inaccuracy in anything, making sure everything said was understandably and clearly conversed at both ends. The big day for her was just a couple hours away now.

~~**~~

Khushi at the other side was beatific and thrilled for her sister. Monday had finally arrived, the very crucial day was here. She had, without informing her sister, taken it in her own hands to style her today. From make up to hair, to styling and what not, Khushi would do it today for her sister. Yes there were thousand other makeup artists available but it was something she too was adept at, and it would be special for her sister as well.

Filling her stomach with very light breakfast, because she'd be literally eating the whole day at her sister's restaurant, she made a not so long walk towards the Raizada house, to surprise her sister. She didn't want to be here, but she could compromise a little for the sake of her sister.

Oh god help me here! And she rang the bell.

To her surprise, Anjali opened the door.

"Oh my god, khusheee! You're here?" She squealed and engulfed her in a hug.

Patting her back lightly, she passed her a smile.

"Can I come inside?"

"Is that even something you should be asking? Come inside" Anjali smiled and invited her in.

"As you know that Zaika's opening today and jiji has been really nervous from yesterday that's why I took it in my hands to style her and just be with her today" Khushi explained.

"That's a brilliant idea. I'm sure she'll be really happy to see you. She has been so busy since early morning, organizing this and that. Aditya too had been asking about you since like forever" she smiled.

Making her way inside, she greeted everyone. They were surprised but were delighted to have her. Nani showed her affection, finally having her there together with them.

Arnav who was taken off guard seeing her, hugged her without her consent, taking her off guard. She awkwardly pulled out of his embrace and stepped back creating a good distance between them.

"Hey!" He greeted happily.

"Hi!"

"You here?"

"Yes! For my sister" with that she walked away, without passing him another glance.

Anjali who escorted her to Payal's room, on the way, made some light talks here and there.

It was then that little Aditya who had been roaming around the house, caught the sight of his Leilei walking together with his mumma. He ran towards her and spread his little arms wide open, wanting her to lift him up.

"Leileiiiii" he yelled in excitement, snuggling more in her warm chest.

Kissing his plump cheek she greeted him.

"Hey adi baby! I missed you"

"I mish ju too leilei" he replied with a pout. "Can we play later? I wanna show you all my cars" he asked excitedly.

"We can do that later but now I have to go to your Payal mami. It's her big day today."

"No one told me it's her birthday today. I didn't  even get her a present" his face fell in disappointment.