𝕋 𝕨 𝕠

The light leaves making me feel like I'm able to open my eyes again and so I do to see that we are in the same place that we were, when we were supposed to go, for good

The three of us look over at each other, our hands still interlaced are dropped quickly. "Huh. That got awkward fast." Damon breaks the silence making me nod along. "What happened? Where is everybody?" Bonnie asks before she begins to walk away, out of the woods. "Where are you going? Hey." Damon calls out to as he follows her. I look around before letting out a sigh as I go to follow the both of them.

We end up walking down middle of the street, still in Mystic Falls and Damon reaches up to touch his teeth. "Well, I feel a fang. I'm still a vampire. Either I'm a dead vampire or Mystic Falls is no longer magic free." He says and I'm guessing that we're still dead. Bonnie doesn't seem to be listening, "Look." She points out the Mystic Grill which gets us all confused. "I definitely blew that up about an hour ago." Damon remarks as he looks at the grill.

"Why don't we see any people? If we're still on the Other Side we should at least be able to see the living." Bonnie asks as I watch them still puzzled. looking around. "I'm guessing we're not on the other side then." I shrugged walking ahead as they both stopped. "Where the hell are we? And I don't mean geographically." I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

We were still walking the deserted streets by morning, Damon and I were tired yet Bonnie seemed determined for what, I had no clue.

"How many more streets are we going to wander?" Damon groans and his voice was honestly going through my head, Bonnie seemed to feel the same as she shot him an annoyed look. "How many times are you going to ask me questions I don't have the answers to? Huh?" Her irritated voice snips, Damon looks back at her and then at me I just shrug at him as we continue walking in silence.

"There's something weird about these cars." I say as I stop at a parked one. "Yeah, they're all 20 years old or more and yet they look brand new." Damon says as He runs his hand over the hood, he looks up at a house, a look washing over his face.

I follow his line of sight and gasp, "And that is Elena's not-so-burnt-to-a-crisp house." I ignore him and push past them as I sprint towards the house, my house and make my way upstairs, I turn into my room only to stop at the sight of two cribs side by side. This was mine and Elena's room when we were toddlers. I picked my stuffed dog teddy out of my blue crib, and I made my way back outside.

"May 10th, 1994. Is that--? Are we--? But that's impossible." I hear Bonnie say as I make my way back towards them. Suddenly the sky turns a darker blue, we look up to see the eclipse blotting out the sun. "I don't think we should be asking where we are, I think we should be asking when we are." I mumble looking at the news paper in Bonnie's hands.

When I come out of the house for a second time Damon is swinging on the porch swing and Bonnie is sitting on the steps, toys around the porch, how did I not notice them before?