𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

The next morning I was sat outside with the rest of the Mikaelsons as they had brunch on the porch. "What's the holdup? All right, we rescued Nik, we escaped mortal danger... Why are we not on a private jet to Saint-Tropez?" Kol asks the rest of his siblings, "You can catch up on the last five years when we're on our way... I assure you you haven't missed much." He tells Elijah as he pulls the newspaper from his hands, "Circumstances have changed. We will leave here soon enough." Elijah tells him, "We have our niece to consider." Rebekah chimes.

"Kol has a point. We need to put an ocean between us and Marcel Gerard as soon as possible." I sip my juice I was leaving today anyways I had to get back to the school, "We're not going anywhere today. I want one day of peace with my daughter before we uproot her." Klaus tells his siblings, "Any delay is a risk." Freya says, "One day. We're in the middle of nowhere, the house is cloaked, we weren't followed, and I'm not asking!" He shouts at the end and a second later the door opens and Hayley steps out with her nervous daughter. "Everybody, look who's awake." Hayley says I watch the look on Klaus's face with a small smile, "Hello." She says softly and full of nerves, "Hello." He replies just as nervous. "Mom, can I go play in the garden?" The young girl asks probably feeling very shy, "Yeah. Sure." Hayley smiles. "Aunty Thea?" She then turns to me, "yes honey?" I put my glass down, "can I wake the twins?" She asks and I nod, "you might have to pour some cold water on Arabella though." She giggles and then runs back into the house to get her playmates.

***

"Where are you going after this?" Kol asks as he joins me in the kitchen, "back to mystic falls, I'm a teacher at the Salvatore boarding school." I tell him his eyebrows furrow, "Salvatore boarding school?" Right he'd been in a magical coma for five years, "it's a school for supernatural kids, made from old Salvatore boarding house." He nods before looking up at me with a smirk, "professor Gilbert? I bet all the boys have school boy crushes on you." I shake my head at him, "professor Parker actually, and there may have been one or two school boy crushes." He laughs, "who could blame the poor lads, you are irresistible." I join in with his laughter. "Anyways I should probably get my kids ready to leave." I say taking a step back from him and watching the slight disappointment on his face.

I notice klaus watching the three girls play, "you don't need to be so nervous you know, she already loves you." I tell him making him turn around, "how can you be so certain?" He asks me, "well she tells me quite a bit, and all she's ever wanted was meet you plus she used to ask about you a lot, so I told her all the good things about you. You're not perfect klaus none of us are, but you're better than you think you are." He nods and gives me a small smile before pulling me in for a hug, "thank you." My arms wrap around him. "Ok now I gotta get ready to go." I tell him pulling away and making my way to the children.

"Ok girls go and pack your stuff, we're leaving soon." I say making all three girls look at me in disappointment, "but mom-" I shake my head already knowing what Arabella was going to say, "come on honey you know that you need to go back to school." I tell them making them huff, "Fine." She groans before stomping off towards the house, "aunty Thea do you have to go?" Hope asks me, "oh you know I'd spend all my time with you if I could sweetie, but you can use all of this time to get to know your dad." I tell her and she smiles and then nods, "yeah, aunty Thea I don't know why but I'm a bit nervous to speak to him." I smile and crouch down to her height, "it's ok honey, I think it's just because you've been wanting to meet him for a long time, your dad is a bit nervous to meet you too because he really wants you to like him, just how you want him to like you." She nods and then wraps her arms around my neck, "thanks aunty Thea." She mumbles, "it's ok sweetie, I'll see you soon ok?" She nods and then kisses my cheek, "ok."

***

I watched Klaus approach Hope with a smile as she slid a piece of paper over so that he could paint with her. "Girls have you got your things?" I ask walking into the house, I get upstairs to see that they weren't there, "girls?" I hear a small scream and then a bloody hell, I run to the kitchen to see Arabella, Kaiara, Rebekah and Kol.