𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

I ended up falling asleep outside by Kai's grave, because I sat there and cried that much

I get back to the Salvatore house to find Bonnie still asleep, "and where have you been?" Damon asks drinking from his glass as I stare at where he was stood, it was the exact same place where he was when he murdered Kai. "Thea?" I can't stop picturing Kai's head rolling right over that part of the carpet. "Thea?!" I jump as Caroline places a hand on my shoulder, "what?" I ask confused, "where were you?" She asks softly, worried. "Nowhere." I shrug her hand off, "Thea..." I glare at Damon, "it's non of your business." I tell them, "Thea we're just worried, you've been gone for hours and now you show up covered in dirt looking distraught." Caroline tells me softly. I shake my head, "right sorry, I... I was visiting Kai." I tell her making her frown sympathetically. "I-I'm going to have a shower." I say leaving swiftly.

When I come back down I feel much better, "so why hasn't Bonnie woken up?" I ask joining the others who were stood around her in Damon's room. "Rayna not only gifted Bonnie with her life, but her responsibilities." Enzo explains, "so she's gonna become the next vampire hitman?" I ask making him nod, I give his arm a squeeze, "but that doesn't explain why she isn't awake." I say confused, "well if you were here earlier like the rest of us you'd know that she's fighting it because she doesn't want to hurt us." I furrow my eyebrows, "but as long as she doesn't mark us shouldn't we be fine?" I ask thinking of how Rayna never actually tried to kill any of us except Stefan who was marked. "Her instincts will be too strong for her to fight." They tell me, "I mean we taught Jeremy how to repress his vampire hating instincts, so surely we can help Bonnie." I say and they nod.

"Ok so how are we going to wake her?" I ask looking at her sleeping figure, "Blondie here is going to go into her mind to try and convince her." Damon says and I nod.

About 20 minutes later Stefan joins the rest of us downstairs holding an unconscious Caroline, "What happened?" I ask, "Bonnie marked her, so she needs to run." He explains, "she marked her?" He nods, "she stabbed Caroline in the dream and when Caroline came out she had the scar." I didn't know that Bonnie could mark people in her mind, that changed things.

Enzo went next but she marked him too, "you've got to try T." Damon says and I shake my head, "I'm not doing it, I'm not risking getting marked." I tell him firmly, "but what if you're the one who wakes her?" I look at him I was feeling conflicted but I couldn't do it, "I want Bonnie to wake up, I do but I can't risk it sorry." I tell him getting ready to leave. "You're being selfish!" He shouts making me stop and turn back at him, "I might be, but I need to be selfish, I have two young daughters who need me." I tell him, "Caroline did it." He replies, "Caroline's children have a father." I say before making my way to the door, "you're being a bad friend." He says blocking my way I already felt bad so why was he making me feel worse. "Let me go Damon, if I get marked then I don't know what I'd do, I'd have to leave my kids behind." He doesn't budge. "But you're different from the rest of us, you drink animal blood, you're the best vampire out of us so maybe she won't mark you."

"Let her go mate." Enzo says as he enters the room. "Enzo you're really going to let her go?" Damon asks in disbelief, Enzo shrugs, "you can't force her, and she's already helped enough." He says making Damon sigh and move. "I'm sorry." I tell Enzo but he sends me a small smile and shakes his head, "don't be, your kids need you love." That made me feel so much worse, Enzo was so understanding and he didn't deserve this, he'd finally gotten what he had always wanted and it was going to be ripped away from him, I remembered how he convinced me to live when we were trapped on the other side, how he was such a good friend and if it was the other way around and it was Kai laying upstairs I'd want someone to help.

I go up to the bedroom and sit beside Bonnie, "please don't mark me." I whisper before grabbing her hand. "Thea!" She grins pulling me into a hug, "hey Bon." I smile looking around, we were at the park, I sat down on the swings and looked at Bonnie who sat beside me. "I don't know what's happening to me Thea, I can't fight it, I don't want to wake up." She says, "you can Bonnie you're one of the strongest people that I know, you know that not all vampires are bad, just focus on us." I tell her, "but you've killed people haven't you Thea?" She asks in a much more menacing tone. "I have but I didn't have my humanity on." I say standing as I notice the look on her face. "It's because you're a monster, you crave human blood don't you?" She asks and I shake my head, "no I don't, I only drink animal blood remember." I tell her taking a step back she halts, "I haven't hurt a person in over three years." I tell her and her face changes, "right of course, I'm sorry Thea." She says and I shake my head, "it's ok."

She suddenly cuts into her hand and looks at me like she's expecting me to do something, but I don't, human blood didn't affect me, I had taught myself control so not even my veins made an appearance and she looks at me in shock. "It doesn't affect you?" I shake my head, "no like I said I don't crave blood."

"Huh." She nods, "what do I do?" She asks me calm again, "wake up Bonnie, you don't have to hunt them you can fight it." I tell her and she nods until I notice something behind her, it was Josh that boy that I had killed, "you might be better now but I haven't forgotten what you had done." She says as I go closer to his body, "I wouldn't ever hurt anyone." I tell her my eyes stuck on him, "Josh here says otherwise." She sneers before trying to stab me, I fall to the ground holding onto the steak, "Bonnie don't please." I beg, "I have children." I say suddenly making her stop, "you have kids?" She asks dropping the wood, "yes I have two little girls, They're three." I say standing up, "and they're yours?" She asks me confused, "yeah, I spoke to some witches and they said it was because of the cure, when Kai gave it to me I drank a bit, not all of it and apparently that was enough to get me pregnant." I tell her and she smiles, "really?" She smiles and I nod, pulling my phone out of my pocket, and showing her, "they're so cute." She grins before her face changes, "and I'm doing this to protect them." She says stabbing me in the stomach before I can even react.

"No no no no no, this can't be happening." I say after I jump back in the real world, I lift my shirt and right there was a huge and ugly scar from where Bonnie stabbed me. Damon sighs and looks down. "I'm sorry." He says but I shake my head, "it isn't your fault, I knew the dangers when I decided to do it." I say before leaving.

"Thea hey what's up, are you on your way back?" Hayley asks as she answers the phone, I can't help the cry that comes out of my mouth, "Thea what happened?" She asks worried, "I-I can't come back, I'm sorry but I've been marked." I tell her hearing her own surprised gasp from the other end, "what are you gonna do?" She asks, "I have to run, and I can't stop." I tell her, "I'm sorry I know that you already have a lot going on and now three kids-" I say but she interrupts me, "no don't worry about it, the girls are in good hands, they'll be safe here." She assures me and I nod. "Thank you." I whisper, "that's what family's for."

***

Damon called us all to let us know that he had woken Bonnie, I ended up alone driving for my life I didn't even know where I was going.