ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

A week later Kai and were getting ready to fly back to Portland to find the missing piece of the ascendant. We had hooked up a few more times but I wasn't stupid it was a no strings attached situation I had no feelings on the arrangement and Kai just had no feelings, well I mean according to the psych class that I dropped out of sociopaths do tend to feel anger and stress like everyone else, just not the good feelings, like love or empathy.

I also knew that Kai and I could never be in a relationship because sociopaths can only appear to be in love, they can be charismatic, charming, and flattering, and can seem to love others but only when it suits their end goal. Plus that 'love' will erode or disappear once the individual's needs have been met, so it wouldn't work out in the long run, but on the other hand research suggests that with the right environment and stimulation, sociopaths can learn to adjust better to the society and develop their empathy. So maybe it could, but I didn't really want that anyways.

"You want another lesson?" He asked as he helped me up, "do you even have to ask?" I ask, "I guess not." He chuckles. He teaches me how to lift of and it was pretty hard but Kai was a good teacher, so I had it kind of down. I flew the plane half way and then Kai took over. "You're a pretty fast learner." He complimented, "well that's thanks to a pretty good teacher." I winked finding the plane snacks. "Oh give me some." Kai says looking over at my snacks, "you keep your eyes on the sky." I tell him making him smirk at me, "I guess you'll just have to feed me then." He winks, I scoff and then chuck some at his face, both of us bursting into laughter as they hit him flat on his face.

After landing we rode back to his house and then the search commenced he searched downstairs whilst I started the search upstairs I went through almost everything but to no avail I couldn't find it anywhere I checked with Kai who also couldn't find it so we switched to see if a fresh set of eyes would help.

I couldn't find it downstairs either and judging by the slams coming from above Kai hadn't either, I went up to find him trashing his parents room, he was in a rage and breaking anything and everything he touched. "Kai, calm down." He glared at me, "no don't tell me to calm down." He yelled smashing a picture frame. "We're gonna be stuck here forever and we can't do anything to help it." He yells leaving the room, "Kai we'll get out." I try and assure him as I follow him to his room, "you might but you heard your sister they're not going to take me, so it'll be me stuck here alone for eternity." I refrain from sighing not wanting to anger him further, "Kai I told you we'd leave together and so we will even if I have to trick my sister into taking you with us." He scoffs.

"And what are you going to do? You're just a weak spineless push over who does anything your sister tells you to, even though she doesn't prioritise you, you still chase her and beg like a pathetic little dog." He spits making me glare, "I know you're angry but don't take it out on me," I warn trying to keep my anger at bay, "or what is little miss goody two shoes gonna tell me to shut up because I'm being mean? Or will she just cry about it and kill herself again, knowing that no one will care when she's gone because she's worthless." He taunts making me speed him over to the wall my hand gripping his throat dangerously tight. "I'd choose your next words carefully." I tell him, "why what're you gonna do lecture me, newsflash Thea you're not very scary." He says making squeeze his neck tighter before letting him go.

"See I knew you wouldn't have it in you to do anything." He chuckles rubbing his neck, "I wouldn't be so sure about that." I tell him before sinking my teeth into his neck, he yelps out in pain but I don't care, I drink more and more aggressively, "are you scared now?" I whisper into his ear as I pull away for a moment, he tries to fight me off but he can't because he's too weak.

He grips onto my arm and begins to siphon off of me but I dig back into his neck until the burn fades and he becomes limp in my arms. I let him drop to the ground as I take a step back.