𝔽𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

Kai had stayed over at my apartment a few more times but he had found his own apartment which kinda bummed me out cause I always felt better if he was sleeping beside me, not that I'd ever tell him that. Anyways today was Bonnie's birthday and the day she was coming back I don't actually know where from but she had gone somewhere for her magic or something.

But Caroline was forcing us to help her plan a surprise party for Bonnie not that she actually needed any help party planning being Caroline's superpower. Thankfully she planned something small not wanting to overwhelm Bonnie and so I was on food duty.

I had baked a ton of cupcakes and the actual birthday cake as well as some of Bonnie's favourite foods and so I was done for the day but I was bored so I decided to bake more cakes.

"Happy Birthday, Bon-bon." Damon says as he looks at some of the cupcakes on the counter, "Ooh. You think we could sneak one before the party?" Elena asks as she walks in and takes her jacket off, "I think Caroline might fry us in the sun." Damon says, "It's worth the risk." She tells him, he feeds her a bite making me scrunch my face up in disgust, could they not see me? He wipes some frosting from her lips before licking it off his finger. Could they seriously not see me or where they just pretending that I wasn't there? I decided to just leave them to it.

Until I heard a familiar voice, "Hello?" Kai said as he made his way into the house, "He didn't. He's all merged, he's packed, and his on his way to Portland!" Damon yells as I walk back into the kitchen, "Ooh! Forgot how massive this house was." He grins as he walks him, "Yum! Cupcakes!" He smiles looking at them, "you want one?" I ask catching his attention he seems a bit surprised to see me but nods, "if you made them, yes please." He says excited as I pass one over. "Sorry. Am I interrupting something?" He asks noticing the way Elena and Damon were looking at him.

"What are you doing here?" Damon asks annoyed. "Funniest thing. I need your help." He says as he pulls as a letter from his pocket. "Why would we give a letter to Jo?" Elena asks as Kai sits himself down. "I haven't been able to find her using a locator spell, and, you know, good on her because under normal circumstances, I'd superjazzed to gouge out her belly button." He says as he takes a bite of the cupcake, "Why would we help you, Kai?" She asks him leaning back on the counter. "Well, in case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a sociopath." He tells us and Elena feigns shock making me laugh. "I know. Shocker. I like being a sociopath. You know, I'm not burdened by things like guilt or love. So then this merge happened with my brother Luke, and I won, which was great because I absorbed his ability to do magic, but now I can't stop thinking about how Luke died, how Liv's life is ruined. For some horrible reason, I can't shake how badly I feel about it." He sighs with frustration and I can see him trying to fight those feelings as his eyes look a bit teary.

"You feel bad?" Elena asks surprised, "Yeah. So when I absorbed Luke's magic, I must have gotten some of his qualities or something like empathy. So I googled how to process emotional pain, and they said if you write everything down in a letter and burn it, you'll be healed. So I started writing, and this water literally started pooling in my eyes. Has that ever happened to you, like--like water just--just oozing out of my eyeballs like I'm some alien creature excreting fluids." I couldn't help but find his description of crying amusing, "You mean you cried?" Elena asks a bit confused. "Yes! And after that was done, I burned the letter, and the feelings--oop-- were still there. So I really feel strongly that Jo needs to know how sorry I am for destroying our family, but let's face it, guys, all right? I mean, Elena, you of all people should be willing to look past the questionable things that I've done to see that there's--there's good somewhere in me. You did it with Damon." He says and to be honest I agree, "OK. I think we're done here. Come on." Damon says even more annoyed, "Actually, what if there's something he can do for us in exchange?" She smiles making me confused what could Kai do for them?