𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕨𝕠

Caroline returns with Ric in the morning, "oh care thank god

Caroline returns with Ric in the morning, "oh care thank god." I sigh hugging her as I observed the dried blood on her face. "Have you been up all night?" She asks noticing how awful I probably looked, "yep, I've been too worried." I tell her and she smiles at me, "go and take a nap I'm good." I nod, "I'm leaving." I tell her watching her face fall a bit, "I know what you're about to say it's not forever just for a while, I can't get mixed up in this again Care, I already lost Kai and I can't loose the girls and they can't loose me I'm all they have, they don't have any grandparents or extended family other than you and Ric." I tell her almost feeling like I'm about to cry, she nods in understanding, "I get it T you gotta keep them safe." She tells me hugging me. "I can take Lizzie and Josie with me if you want?" I offer knowing that her and Ric would end up getting involved.

She thinks about it for a long moment, "as much as I want to say yes it's ok, we've got them." She says and I nod, "see you soon." I tell her, "see you soon."

I get the girls in the car and then we get on our flight before heading to Hayley's.

When we get there Hayley pulls me into a hug, "oh it's so nice to see you." She grins, "likewise." She turns to the girls, "hey girls I missed you and Hope's gonna be so excited to see you." She tells them as they grin at her, "hi aunty Hayley." They wave before we go inside. "Aunty Thea." Hope grins glad to have other people around her besides her mother. "Hi honey." I smile but her attention doesn't stay on me for long, "Bella, Kara!" She giggles, Hope like most children her age couldn't pronounce the twins names right and so she stuck with Bella and Kara.

I smiled watching the three of them run off together, sometimes I felt for Hope she only ever saw her mom and aside from the twins she had no one to play with and we weren't here that often.

***

It's been a good few days but I ended up getting a text from Damon, Stefan and Caroline, they said that they needed me because Bonnie's life was on the line, "I can't Damon." I tell him over the phone, "please T, we need you, we have an impossibly high list and we need all the help that we can get." I sigh, "Damon I-I just can't." He sighs too, "you know that Bonnie would do it for you." He says before he hangs up, I drop my head into my hands what to do? I knew that Bonnie constantly risked her life for ours, I wouldn't even be sat where I was if not for her.

I guess my mind was made up.

I go to the attic of the house, it was where Hayley kept the coffins, see I could jump into the mind world that they were in by grabbing one of their hands, unfortunately Hayley could not, being a hybrid and not a full vampire meant that her mind powers weren't strong enough for this and so it was only me who got to communicate with them.

I opened Kol's coffin and just looked at him for a second;

Kai and I had been traveling, we were happy we felt free of all the drama that surrounded mystic falls, we were living our lives, it was actually really amazing, we had missed all the Rayna Cruz drama only knowing that she was chasing the heretics and Stefan. Even though we had been having fun we had also been looking for a way to wake Elena.