𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

I wake up beside Tyler who nudges my head off of his shoulder as my phone begins to ring, I quickly answer it getting up from my spot on the ground, noticing how Caroline was gone from the couch she had been asleep on.

"Thea where are you?" Kai groans from the other side of the phone. "Sorry Kai, I'm with Caroline, her mom just passed." I tell him. "Oh is she-" he's cut off when I hear vomiting. "How are you?" I ask now increasingly worried, "I'm fine." He chokes out making me sigh, "Kai tell me honestly please." I say, "ok honestly I don't know how much longer I can hold on." He tells me weakly. "Ok well you just try and hold on and I promise I will help you figure something out, I'm not gonna let you die." I tell him. "Looks like I picked the right girl to be my girlfriend." He jokes making me let out a small laugh, "like you had many options." He does an over dramatic gasp making me snicker, "wow Thea you wound me." He laughs before I hear him drop the phone as he gags.

I wanted to go and check on him, but I needed to check on Caroline first, I find her sat writing a list. "Hey Care, what are you doing?" I ask going to stand beside her, "planning my moms funeral, I want her buried by the end of the day." She says surprisingly chipper. "Need any help?" I ask sitting beside her, she smiles at me and shakes her head, that should've been expected Caroline never needed help planning anything. "You should go to him." She tells me taking me by surprise, "but you need me." She nods, "so does he, plus I have that room full of people and I know that he has no one." I must still look unsure because she pulls me out of my chair. "Go to your boyfriend." She says whispering the last part, "you're such an eavesdropper Caroline I'm shocked." She shakes her head at me, "you talk incredibly loud that's not my fault." She shrugs making me laugh.

"Ok now go." She says pushing me towards the door, "I'm going geez could you be any happier to get rid of me?" She rolls her eyes at me, "it seems like I'm more concerned about your boyfriend at this point." She says crossing her arms at me, "ok I'll see you later, just give me a time and I'll be there." She nods and I know she didn't want to talk about it so I just gave her hug and left.

I get back to my apartment to see Kai sleeping he looked considerably worse than he did yesterday. I went over to feel his temperature but despite all the sweat it was normal. He woke up and gripped my arm ready to fight? But he relaxed when he saw it was just me, "how's Kate?" He asks, "Caroline and she's trying to avoid her feelings at the moment, putting on a brave face." He nods as he sits up before hunching over in pain, "are you gonna throw up?" I ask reaching for the trash can, he shakes his head.

"I rang my sister to tell her that I was sick but she hung up on me because she started throwing up, I think I should go to her and see if I can figure out a way to get rid of this magical disease." He says after a moment and I nod, "ok let's go." I say helping him up, "you're coming with?" He asks surprised, "yeah I mean I don't know how you were planning on getting there, plus there's less chance of Ric trying to fight you if I'm there." I say and he nods. I quickly change into my funeral attire just in case I don't have time to come back home.

I take him to Alaric's apartment knowing that she was there with Ric. Kai knocks on "Hey." He says to Alaric who narrows his eyes and tries to shut the door. "Wait, wait, wait, wait." Kai says stopping it from closing, he opens the door. "Look. I know you hate me, but I really... really need to see my sister." Kai pants. "I think she'll pass." He says as he tries to shut the door again, "Ric please." I say making him open the door wider to look at me in shock.

"What are you doing here?" Jo asks appearing a bit behind Alaric, she looks a bit ill as well. "I called to tell you I was sick, and you... you hung up on me." He says leaning against the doorframe, "Because I have food poisoning. Did the sound of me vomiting on the other end of line not clue you in?" She asks him incredulously. "Look. There's an issue I've been worried about since the merge because we really didn't do it right. You know, the whole , "You're not my twin" "Hey. That's okay. Close enough" plan? It worked, which is, you know, cool. Hey, I'm even a little bit nice now in case you were wondering." He says making Alaric give him an incredibly fake and sarcastic smile as if to say he could care less. "But I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop. And, well, I think it's dropped because I'm...Where's the bathroom?" He says as he tries to hold it in until he starts to choke it out, "Oh, God! Ric!" Jo shouts in shock as Alaric moves something over so Kai can vomit in it. I crouch down beside him as he throws up a lot of blood.  They both look at him concerned.