𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

For some reason I couldn't sleep I kept tossing around in my bed, a knock at the door caught my attention, I checked the time and groaned it was 2 am. I hauled myself out of bed and went to the door wondering who it was no one even knew where I was.

I was definitely surprised to find Kai stood on the other side, "Kai do you know what... are you ok?" I ask noticing the tears in his eyes and the sadness haunting his face, it was unnerving because Kai didn't get sad. "I, uh I'm sorry but I didn't know who else to go to, you're like the only person who doesn't hate me." He says making me even more worried. "Hey, it's ok come in." I say taking him over to my couch. "What's wrong?" I ask him gently, "I-I don't know, I won the merge I should be happy but I can't stop thinking about Luke or Liv or even Jo and how I ruined all of their lives." He says and I nod, "Kai you didn't ruin their lives ok look at Jo she's a successful doctor and she's happy and Liv she has her whole life ahead of her and uh Luke knew what he was getting into." I try and reassure him but he looks up at me a tear rolling down his cheek.

"I killed him he's dead because of me and now Liv won't be able to get over it you knew how close they were and Jo is gonna hate me even more because now I've killed five of my siblings." He cries and I pull him into a hug. "It's ok Kai, hey look at me," I grab his hands and look at him, "you are not a bad person ok, you've just done some bad things and you can't change that but you can move on from it and make yourself proud because, you don't need to prove yourself to anyone but you, and you've always been happy with yourself." He looks at me and nods, "and I know you're sad about Luke but you have to remember it was either him Jo or Liv because you're the strongest out of them all and all Luke wanted was to save Liv and he has." I tell him as I wipe his tears.

"Now come on we're going to bed." I instruct as I pull him to my room, "ah Thea one day you've got to stop trying to get me into your bed." He smirks making me shake my head, "you wish." I say as I find some clothes for him and chuck them over, for some reason half of my wardrobe was filled with men's clothes. "Oh but I do." He winks making me laugh, "thank god, there's the Kai that I know and love." I smile as I hop onto the bed. "Aha I knew that you loved me." He grins joining me, "ok I'll admit you've grown on me." I say before reaching over and turning the lights off.

"Have you had any nightmares recently?" Kai whispers into the dark, "I mean I've had a few but not like I did in the prison world." I whisper back, remembering how I'd wake up wishing Kai was next to me. "Well I'm here now in case you have any more." He tells me making, me smile in the dark, "I've missed you, you know." I tell him watching a smile appear on his face, "I missed you too, life's also kinda lonely on this side, when you only have one friend." He hums making me kinda sad for him. "We can hang out tomorrow if you want?" I offer, "you're not leaving again?" He asks surprised, "I think Caroline's gonna need me for a while plus I lost my travel buddy." I tell him and he nods with a yawn.

"Hey Thea." He says and I hum in response already falling asleep, "thank you." I reach for his hand, "it's no sweat that's what friends are for." I say squeezing it. "Goodnight Kai." I whisper as my eyes start to close. "Goodnight Thea."

I wake up in an empty bed making me wonder if last night was just some weird dream but when I hear something smash from my kitchen I know that it wasn't. "What are you doing?" I ask bending down to help Kai with the glass that he smashed. "Oh sorry, I was trying to make us breakfast." He says "great because your cooking is to die for." I say excitedly looking at the pancakes on the counter. "Mmh I don't know have you tried your cooking?" He says, "you're gonna have some lucky kids." He says making me stop in my spot, "What?" He asks noticing the look on my face. "I can't have kids." I murmur thinking about how I'd be stuck like this forever. "Oh god I'm sorry I forgot you were a vampire." He says eyes widening.

I force a smile and shake my head, "it's ok, there's nothing I can do to change that so let's not dwell on it." I say reaching for a pancake. "Mmmm delicious, I'm gonna go and get changed." I say before going back to my room and sitting on my bed and crying.

"Thea you good?" Kai knocks on my door, "yeah." I sniffle making him come in, "Thea-" I cut him off, "it's fine Kai." He nods and wraps an arm around me. "I wish more than anything that I was human." I tell him as I lean into him, "I want to fall in love get married have children, grandchildren and to grow old with the love of my life but I can't I'm stuck like this a monster who craves blood sometimes I wish I was like you, a sociopath, living a life with no worries." He chuckles, "picturing you as a sociopath is weird you care too much about others." 

I look at him after a second. "Why do you suddenly have feelings?" I ask thinking of last night, "oh well when you merge you absorb traits from the sibling that looses, I guess Luke passed over his empathy which sucks cause I was perfectly happy without it, honestly I would've been perfectly fine with any of his traits but no I get the one thing that I hate." I shake my head at him, "wait that means you're not a sociopath anymore." I say watching as his face scrunches up in distaste, "ugh I loved being a sociopath." He whines making me laugh.