𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕤𝕚𝕩

Hayley was missing, and there was nothing that I could do to help, I had to stay behind and keep hope at the school whilst everyone did everything that they could to find her, it was proving to be useless though. I was sick with worry, Hayley was one of my closest friends, we had raised our daughters together and we had protected and fought for each other, she was someone I had found in one of my darkest moments, she had been there for me and I had been there for her, it'd been like that for fourteen years with us.

I had already lost too many people I wasn't going to lose anymore.

"Mom mom!" I look up into the wide eyes of my daughter, "what? What's wrong?" I ask in worry noticing the fear in their eyes, "hopes gone." Kaiara tells me making my own eyes widen as I stand. "What where?" Arabella runs in, "Kaiara you weren't supposed to tell." She hisses making me turn to her, "Arabella you tell me what you know right now." I instruct but she says silent, "Kaiara you have to tell me what you know it's important." I beg, -Kaiara was the weaker one, she was sure to cave, she always did.

"She left with Roman, they took the moonstone to do the binding spell." She sighs not being able to hold it. "Thank you, and you young lady we'll be having words about what is and isn't appropriate to keep from me." I say before running for Caroline.

Caroline leaves to tell Klaus whereas I start the tracking. It's useless they can't be found, Caroline then lets me know that Romans mother is the one who had kidnapped Hayley meaning that Hope was in real danger. I can't just stay back and do nothing, I had to help in some way.

"Thea, I've found Hayley, but I can't get through to klaus." Freya tells me desperately, "I'll get to him." I assure her as I message Caroline the address Freya had told me and begin to make my own way there.

When I get to the abounded house in the middle of nowhere I'm surprised to see Elijah and Klaus fighting and Caroline on the ground with her neck snapped. I take advantage of their fighting and run into the house to find Hayley pinned up against the wall by Greta who was holding stake up at her. "Wait!" I yell catching her attention.

I was outnumbered two to one so I couldn't make any sudden moves or Greta may have killed Hayley, "Greta stop." I say taking a step forward, she holds the steak up, "don't come any closer." She threatens making me stop and hold my hands up. "Thea, protect her." Hayley says to me sadly, "with my life." I assure her, Greta then throws the stake at me, it lodges into my stomach as she plunges her hand into Hayley, her hand squeezing at her heart.

I pull the stake out as Klaus runs in only to be stabbed in the back by his brother, who then grabs me and sticks his hand into my chest grabbing my heart.

My eyes widen at the pain but also at the fact that I was helpless to help Hayley. "Elijah, please." I beg watching the sadness and realisation in Hayley's eyes as they locked with mine. She then looks to klaus who was spitting up blood on the floor before her eyes find their way to her daughters sleeping form. My eyes water as hers close and she pulls Greta's finger off before gripping onto her shoulders and running through the doors. "No!" Klaus and I scream out as her body sets ablaze outside with the hail stone falling down onto it harshly, Elijah drops me and we meet his younger brother at the door. The three of us watching the bodies burn, Klaus and I beginning to cry at the loss of the woman we both loved.

Klaus takes Hayley's body and asks me to take Hope back to the school. I do so and I sit and wait in her room for her to wake up so that I can be the bearer of bad news and shatter her world.

"Mom?" Hope pants as she shoots up from her magical slumber, I stand up, "Hope." I say softly, "Mom?" She repeats, "Hope." I say again catching her attention, her head snaps to mine worry consuming her eyes, "What happened? Where is she?" She questions I sigh and take a step forwards wanting to tell her delicately, "Breathe. You're safe now." I tell her, "Where is my mom?" She asks agin angry this time making the light bulbs in her fairy lights pop. I sit down in front of her, "She's gone." I tell her trying to keep my own tears at bay as I notice her eyes fill with them. "No, no. No, no." She starts to cry, I pull her into my arms and let her cry into my shoulder.

"Mom." I look towards the door to see my own daughters stood there, with their tear streaked faces, "it's not true about aunt Hayley, is it?" Arabella questions, I nod wiping a tear as they both come into the room properly and join Hope in the bed.

I move back and watch the three of them embrace and cry together my own tears falling at the sight, Hope didn't deserve to lose her mother and Hayley didn't deserve to die.