forbidden soulmate

(`・∀・') angst (`・∀・')

-

This was all so wrong.
How could an angel and a demon be soulmate?
Any angel that came in contact with a demon would become corrupted and not be allowed back into their original world, leaving them in purgatory. 
Any demon that came in contact with an angel would be tortured then sent to purgatory.

You walked along the edge of the demon world, seeing the angel world on the other side.
You always wondered how it is on the other side. You heard tales about it, but you wanted to see if they were true. To see if the grass was soft enough to not have to wear shoes, if everything was like it was told from the demons who ventured too close and manage to get back before the spirits got them.
You went to the edge often, observing the way the grass looked so green and soft, or the way loose angel feathers would fly around. Slowly moving you hands over your soulmate mark wondering where they were on the other side.

Amajiki was disappointed when he found out Mirio wasn't his soulmate. He felt a pit of nausea when his soulmate mark showed up as two little horns, not understand how his soulmate could be a demon.
He heard the tales about the demon world. About the endless parties filled with sins, how the grass burnt, how demons were known to coax angels into coming to the other side.
But all those tales didn't stop his curiosity, looking from the high tops the edge, wondering about his soulmate.

One day, he decided to go to the edge, his curiosity getting the best of him.
He could feel the presence of a demon on the other side, knowing to not look at them in the eyes. Suddenly you turned to face him, accidentally catching eye contact. Both your marks burning, indicating you were both soulmates that had just met.

You felt something wrap around you, slowly squeezing your neck lightly. You glanced over at your soulmate, seeing him on the group, his wings becoming back at the base of the feathers.
The pain you felt as the spirits tortured you was the most pain you ever felt. Each ounce of your body ached with no remedy and each positive emotion was forcefully drained out. You screamed in pain, looking up to see the man curled up. He had already passed out, passing slowly to the next stage of transmitting to purgatory.
You passed out in pain, letting out a strangled scream before collapsing.

When you woke up again, you found yourself in a totally different place. You noticed to now corrupted angel next to you, who was groaning in pain. 
"Are you okay?" you asked, feeling worried, he was your soulmate so you obviously had to feel worried.
"What w-would you like to know, demo-mon..." he said, standing up.
"Hey! Believe or not we're not all bad!" you argue, getting up from the ground.
"Well it's b-because of you that I-I've ended up here! I'll be able to see Mirio again, I never even said goodbye!" he let his anger get the best of him, shouting at the demon in front of him.
"It isn't my fucking fault that we're soulmates!" you scream back, your harsh language shocking him.
"You're the one who made eye contact!"
"Well sorry! Look, we're both stuck here now and we can't change that. And chances are we'll end up bumping into each other so, I'm (L/N) (Y/N)." you try and quickly fix things up, knowing fully well that angels had a hard time in purgatory and that he was your soulmate. He ignored you, looking away to the side.
"I'm sorry that we've both ended up here. But we both know the tales about angels in purgatory. I can protect you so you don't end up as some weird sex slave to some demon that is actually bad. What do you say, soulmate?" you try and make him answer. He finally seemed like he calmed down, taking in a big breath. He knew that the demon was right, but still, he couldn't help but feel a slight bit of anger.
"I-I'm Amajiki Tamaki..." he finally gave you his name while smiling, before storming off. If you really meant what you said, he wanted you to show it to him.

God this was going to be fun.

-

(unedited)