U. Tengen || The Most Beautiful Painting

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Uzui Tengen

I love every single thing about you, even if you drool in your sleep.

A peaceful evening.
A beautiful full moon that is shining brightly tonight.

Everything was perfect tonight, but the other side of your bed wasn't.

You had woken up, right in the middle of the night. Bothered by the fact thst your husband hasn't been beside you for 3 days. You knew, being a painter was tough. But you knee, that health comes first.

Shuffling the white sheets as you stood up, you yawned and stretched.

You went towards the door and went out of the room. Walking towards your husband's art room. You saw the light, open from the glass windows of the room. You peeked and saw him painting a garden, but, he quickly torned it off and ruffled his hair, as if he was annoyed. He crumpled the canvas and threw it on the floor.
You sighed and knocked on the door. But he was too occupied to notice you knocking, so you opened the door and went inside.

Scanning the room, you saw lot of crumpled papers around the room and the floor has many spilled paints. His pencils and folders were on his table, scattered around. Cans of coffees and junk foods were around the room. In short, the room was very very messy.

"(Name), since when were you here?", he seems to noticed you.
"Just now", you replied as you reached out for the brushes that was on the floor. He hummed as a response and returned to painting.
"You should rest you know? You haven't got a proper sleep for 3 days", you said as you placed the brushes on the table beside his easel.

"The deadline is tomorrow, I got no time to rest", your husband replied.

"You've got bags under your eyes, Tengen, thats not so flamboyant of you", you said but he didn't answered.

"Tengen.. The deadline is still in the afternoon, you need to clear your mind first.."

you suggested but to your dismay, he continued painting.

"Tengen, you should really rest for now---!"
"I TOLD YOU, I HAVE NO TIME TO REST!", he shouted which made you shiver in fear. Your eyes widened as you clenched your fists. Tears were threatening to fall from your eyes.

Realizing what he just did, he puts his brush down and stood up. "(N-Name) I-I---!"

The sound echoed in the room. His cheeks turned red, you slapped him.

"I TOLD YOU TO REST DAMMIT! YOU HAVEN'T SLEPT PROPERLY FOR DAYS!", you shouted, as the tears that you tried to stop, fell from your eyes.

His right hand was on the cheek you slapped. He was shocked, this was the first time he has heard you shouted since the two of you got married. You had gotten fights before, but you had never slapped or shouted at him, not even once.

"I-I just wanted you to take care of your health...", you managed to spoke while you were crying.

"I'm sorry..."
"I'm sorry for slapping you!"
The both of you simultaneously said.

You continued to sobbed and Tengen rubbed the nape of his neck and began to walk towards you to hug you. Placing his two big arms around you, he pulled you on his chest and rubbed your back.

"I'm sorry, for shouting at you.. Please don't cry..", he said as he rubbed your back, which made you hold his shirt tightly. "I'll rest okay? Stop crying, that's not flamboyant.." he said and pushed you gently and used his thumb to lift your chin. "Stop crying okay?", he said as he wiped your tears with his slender fingers.

"Y-You'll rest?", you asked and he gently smiled. "I will, let's go now?", he said ans carried you in bridal style and went towards your shared room and placed you on the bed. He hugged you tightly and kissed your forehead, as the two of you fell asleep.

▪▪▪

"Tengen!", you shouted as you wake up. "Yes, sweetheart?", he asked and you saw him sitting on the bench that was near the window. "What time is it now?", you asked. "1 in the afternoon", he replied and you panicked.

"E-Eh?.. How about your painting, oh no! Did you manage to do it? Oh no, oh shit--!"
"I told you, no cursing right?"

You looked down on the floor and pouted.

"You don't need to worry about the painting..", he stood up and buttoned his suit. He held your wrists, and gently pulled you towards the artroom.

As you entered, it was still messy but the art materials were kept all together in one place, the crumpled papers was in the trashcan and the paint that was spilled on the floor, was mopped, but still wasn't clearly removed.

"I already did paint something.. Our project is about drawing the most beautiful scene in our life..", he said as he lifted off the cover of his canvas.

"And what I painted is..", he removed the covers and your eyes filled with tears immediately.

"You", he said. The painting was a picture of you sleeping, the blanket and sheets were slightly ruffled but overall, the painting was really realistic.

"I can't believe I had a hard time painting, when, the scene that I had to paint, is already with me, all this time."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Edit: THIS MAN IS SO  💖💖👀