15 - Draco's Stand

Draco was incensed. No - he, was fucking livid.

Breaking away from the stream of students heading towards the spectator stands, he marched right down to the waters edge where Cedric was now doing stretches.

"Diggory!" He barked, pushing the Delacour girl aside, "it's Aurora! You've got to save her!"

Cedric looked up in alarm, before releasing an exasperated sigh upon seeing his addresser.

"I guessed as much by myself," he said dryly. "Go back to the stands, Malfoy, and let me handle this."

"I need to know what your plan is! How are you going to rescue her, exactly?"

"Look, I've got it under control! Now piss off Malfoy, you're blocking everyone's view!"

And sure enough, Draco could hear hissing and booing from the stands behind him, and a voice distinctly crying, "Move it blondie - I can't see them budgie smugglers!"

"Wait until my father hears about this." Draco muttered to himself as he stormed back up to the stands, passing a panting and harried looking Potter on the way.

Blaise chuckled upon seeing Draco's sour expression as he joined his side.

"Chill out, man. She'll be fine. Dumbledore's not going to let anyone die today."

"She's trapped at the bottom of a fucking lake, possibly with Weasley and Granger." Draco seethed, his knuckles turning white as he gripped the railings in front of him. "It's got to be horrific for her!"

"She's not you," Blaise smirked, his black eyes flashing amusedly. "I'm sure they're having a whale of a time."

Draco scoffed, his eyes glancing anxiously back at the board containing the clue. "What happens if they don't get to them in time?" He pondered fearfully as he read the last two lines of the rhyme.

But past an hour - the prospects black
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.

"Sounds like they won't be coming back," Blaise shrugged, nonchalantly.

Draco felt sick. He hoped Cedric had a good fucking plan, otherwise he would be diving in there himself.

...

"It's been almost an hour!"

Draco was besides himself with worry. How the fuck was she surviving down there?

"Relax, man!" Blaise implored, starting to sound exasperated by his friend's anxiety.

Just as he said this, a small cheer sounded up around them. Draco's eyes shot straight to the lake's surface where, sure enough, he could see two heads pop up.

It was Krum and the Mudblood.

Draco fought his way down to the platform where the champions were to swim to with their found treasures.

"Was Aurora down there?" he bellowed to Krum who was breathlessly heaving himself and the Mudblood up out of the lake. "Did Diggory find her?"

"Give him a minute, Malfoy," Longbottom snapped, who seemed to be stationed there to wrap blankets around the contestants. "He's just spent the last hour swimming under water!"

Jesus fuck! Did no one give a shit?!

Another shout rang out in the cold February air, which immediately turned into cheers.