95 - The Marital Bed

Draco looked desperately around the many faces in the room. He hadn't seen Aurora or Nova since the ceremony.

But every time he tried to make his way across the room, he was stopped by well wishers, and people thrusting drinks in his hand.

He didn't want to be congratulated, and he didn't want a drink. He just wanted to make sure Aurora was all right.

He wanted to remind her she was still his wife; the woman whom he loved. The only one he wanted to be with. Even if he couldn't.

"Hubby!"

Draco shuddered at the sound. He would never get used to it. Never wanted to.

Arms snaked around his waist from behind, making him flinch.

"I was thinking we could turn in, maybe test out the honeymoon suite?" Her voice was sickening him. How the hell was he expected to have sex with this woman? She physically repulsed him.

"Not now," He gritted, forcefully unpeeling her arms and turning to glare at her. "I'm looking for someone."

Her demeanour instantly changed; her eyes suddenly narrowing furiously.

"If you're talking about that creature and that ugly little rugrat of hers, then I hate to disappoint you, but she went off upstairs with your so-called best mate. Once a filthy whore always a filthy whore."

It took everything Draco had not to slap her right there in the middle of the reception.

"If you must know, I asked Blaise to look out for her." Draco sneered, "It was a pretty sick move of yours to invite her to watch!"

"I just wanted to remind her whose man you really are," Pansy said, running her fingers down his chest. "And she'll certainly find that out tonight when she hears us having the time of our lives next door."

"The only noise that'll be coming from me is the groan of disgust at having to share a bed with you!" He spat, fury sparking in his stomach.

"Oh please!" Pansy tittered. "Just wait till we get going. You're a man, after all - you'll be begging for me not to stop."

Draco couldn't stand it anymore. He turned on the spot, storming away. He found he was shaking in such violent anger.

Finding the bar, he downed a firewhisky, welcoming the feel of the burning sensation trickling through his veins.

"Careful, son, too much of that and you won't be in for much of a wedding night."

Draco glared at his father. And just to spite him, picked up another glass and downed it defiantly.

Lucius, put a warning hand on his arm as he reached out for a third.

"I'd be careful if I were you, Draco," he hissed menacingly in his ear. "One word from your newly wedded wife and on our heads be it! And don't forget your daughter is included in that, too! So don't displease Pansy tonight, if you catch my drift."

Draco continued to glare at his father, fighting the urge not to violently headbutt him. This was all Lucius's fault. Everything crap that has happened to him was because of bad decisions his father had made in life.

And now Draco was paying the price for all of it. And not only him, but his wife and daughter also.

Smashing a glass against the wall; making the room gasp into silence, Draco hissed in his father's face and stormed out of there.

He didn't care anymore. He was simply too furious to think straight.

Storming up the stairs, he banged on Aurora's bedroom door. "Aurora!" He cried, "let me in, please!"