64 - The Nag

"Aurora, wake up!"

I blinked, feeling a moment of confusion as I stared up into Cho's frantic face.

Arms were around me. A body curled tightly against mine.

"You need to get him out of here - now!" Cho continued. "The girls are coming back! I can stall them, but if I were you, I wouldn't let them see him in here. Take my broom - he can leave out the bathroom window."

The white-blond haired Slytherin stirred against me. We must have been asleep for hours.

"Draco," I whispered, shaking him as Cho disappeared back out of the room, leaving her broomstick lying on her bed.

His eyes slowly blinked awake, his arms tightening around me as he came to.

"Aurora," he murmured hoarsely, focusing his tired grey eyes on me, the look of love filling them instantly.

"Draco, you've got to get out of here." I said regretfully. "Everyone's returning."

"Fuck." He sat bolt upright, his eyes now wide and alert as he frantically looked around. "What time is it?"

"Almost ten o'clock. The girls are coming to bed." I jumped up, grabbing Cho's broom. "Hurry Draco, you can take the bathroom window."

We hurried into the bathroom, locking the door to give us more time.

I swept over to the large window at the far end and opened it up, instantly letting in a cold draught from the night air.

I shivered and Draco's arms immediately went around me, burying his face in my neck.

"I love you, Aurora," he murmured, holding me tightly to his body.

I could feel his heart beating in his chest, and his hot breath tickling my skin. I sighed contentedly, clutching my arms around his back, grasping his shirt in my fingers. I didn't want to let him go.

Our faces lifted and our lips found one another,  connecting sweetly, yet intensely. The familiarity of kissing him making my heart sing with joy.

We broke apart at the sound of the girls entering the dormitory on the other side of the door.

"Go," I whispered furtively, turning him around and pushing him towards the window.

He mounted the broomstick, but not before giving me one last fierce kiss.

"You're not on your own, Aurora," he said fervently, his hand clutching the back of my head as his grey eyes pierced into mine. "I'll make sure that somehow you and the baby will be safe. Whatever it takes."

"I love you, Draco," I breathed, looking over my shoulder in panic as the girls started banging on the bathroom door. "Now go! Hurry!"

"Aurora, open up before we blast this door down! Some of us are desperate out here!"

With one last kiss, Draco let go of me and flew out of sight, my heart both happy and sad at the same time.

He still loved me, but at what cost?

******

"Where the fuck have you been all day?"

Draco winced at the sound of Pansy's furious screech. He had literally just stepped into the common room.

She was sitting on the sofa, her arms crossed huffily over her chest. The rest of the room was deserted, everyone having already turned in.

Anger boiled in his veins at the mere sight of her.

"You know I've got a task to do, Pansy." He gritted, balling his fist in an attempt to calm his temper. "Don't fucking nag me."

She stood up, her face contorted into an ugly sneer.

"Don't give me that crap - you've been with her haven't you?" She snarled, her chest rising and falling heavily.

"It's none of your fucking business where I've been, so drop it."

Draco tried to walk past her in the direction of the boy's dorms, but she stepped in front of him, blocking his path.

"I'm your fiancée! Just remember that before you start ramming your cock back in that filthy creature!"

Irritation and anger ripped through the pit of his stomach. He grabbed her roughly and dragged her across the room, slamming her up against the wall.

"I know what you fucking did, Pansy!" He sneered dangerously in her ear, a hatred burning inside of him like he never knew existed. "You took away her choices. You had no right. You're cruel, evil and sick and I'd rather cut my own dick off than be married to you!"

Anger flashed in her eyes.

"Well I wouldn't sharpen that knife quite yet, darling." She spat, glee dripping from every word. "You break off our engagement, then your precious little creature is dead, along with you and your mother!"

He stepped back, letting her drop to the floor. He couldn't bear to touch her anymore. She made him sick with rage.

"Why would you even do that to her?" He asked, anger making his voice shake. "What the fuck do you have to gain from making her fall pregnant?"

"Oh sweetie, don't you know?" She cackled, picking herself up and stepping towards him, her face still filled with utter glee. "At first I just wanted to teach her a lesson. The stupid teenage witch getting herself knocked up. You would never have stuck by her, and she would have had to leave the school in shame. But this - this is even better! Once the Dark Lord finds out that a Malfoy has sullied the bloodline by impregnating a filthy half breed, then he's going to make sure it's dealt with. And personally I can't wait to watch. Perhaps he can make it our wedding gift-"

Pansy went sprawling to the floor as Draco smacked her hard across the cheek with the back of his hand.

"I may have to marry you but I'll never love you - you disgust me!" He spat. "And as for Aurora being pregnant with a Malfoy-" he hesitated, not quite believing what he was about to say, but knowing it was the only way to save her.

"The baby isn't mine."