52 - How To Deal With Anger

I looked around the empty common room, feeling shaken up as I sank heavily into the soft blue sofa.

Everyone was down in the Great Hall whilst Dumbledore was explaining to the whole school what had happened tonight.

I had just been discharged from the hospital wing and had taken myself straight to the Ravenclaw Tower. I couldn't face it.

I couldn't face Draco.

His father had murdered my mother.

And his aunt just murdered Sirius. Right in front of my eyes.

I felt sick. I couldn't breathe. My arm still hurt where Lucius had sliced me open - despite the healing potion Madam Pomfrey had applied to it earlier.

Another scar to add to this horrific year.

As I relaxed down into the sofa, closing my eyes, the door at the entrance suddenly barged open, making me jump.

A white-blond hair boy stood panting in the doorway, his face full of thunder as a pair of silver grey eyes bored into mine, anger flashing in them whilst his top lip curled into a sneer.

"What the fuck have you done?"

Draco's voice was full of cold, vehement anger.

I slowly rose from the sofa as he kicked the door shut behind him.

"What do you mean, what have I done?" I answered, my voice hoarse from lack of use.

I felt anger start to boil in my blood. He had no right to come storming in here after what his father had done.

"You went and put my father in prison! And after I tried to fucking help you!"

"Your father deserves to rot in there for the rest of his days!" I shouted, my entire body shaking in anger. "He's nothing but a murdering scumbag just like your aunt!"

"How dare you! How dare you, you little bitch!"

Draco stormed towards me, anger flecking in his eyes. Panic suddenly tore at my chest as his hands flew up and grabbed fistfuls of the front of my robes. I cried out as the back of my head connected with the wall behind me as he slammed me up against it.

"You and your stupid friends will fucking pay for what you've done to my father." He sneered, "no one fucks with a Malfoy."

"HE KILLED MY MUM!" I screamed, and a loud shuddering sob escaped from the back of my throat.

Draco dropped his hands causing my robes to slacken. He took a step back, his eyes widening in horror.

"You're lying." He said, although he didn't look so certain.

Shaking, I shrugged my robes off, revealing the deep dark gash up my arm. "Your father did this to me right before taunting me with my mother's last moments. And then I witnessed your aunt kill a man who was just trying to help save us. So don't you dare come storming in here having a tantrum about him being in Azkaban. Because as far as I'm concerned, it's exactly where he belongs."

Draco looked at my arm with a sickened expression on his face. His eyes darted back up to mine. His father's grey eyes. His father's white-blond hair.

Suddenly, I couldn't stand to look at him anymore. I stepped forward to storm past him - but just as I passed, he grabbed my hand and yanked it back so that I slammed hard up against his chest.

I looked up at him in surprise. His chest heaved in fast and furious breaths, eyes piercing down into mine. Through my fury I felt a bolt of longing knot my stomach.

"Aurora," he growled, his eyes now darting to my lips, as his tongue flicked across his own.

And then we were kissing, locked in a fierce embrace that took me by surprise but knew I could never stop.

Our hands were everywhere, grappling and groping at everything we could find. We managed to stumble our way to my dormitory, never breaking our fevered, hungry embrace.

My heart was pounding furiously against his as he picked me up and carried me to my bed, my legs wrapping tightly around his waist.

"The potion," I managed to gasp as we both toppled down onto the mattress.

I had stopped taking it just before Christmas, having left it untouched in my bedside table. I didn't see the point if I wasn't with Draco.

But it was clear now where this was going, and I didn't want to take any chances.

Draco broke away long enough so that I could grapple around for it. He grabbed his wand and flicked it towards the door so that it closed and clicked shut, locking us in. I quickly located the potion swallowing a single drop before Draco pulled me to him and continued our heated encounter.

We ripped off each others clothes in a speed that matched our urgency. He moved his mouth to my neck, nipping and attacking my skin, making me cry out in ecstasy.

I had missed this so much and the need to have him inside me was completely and utterly overwhelming.

I straddled his lap as he continued to attack my neck. He shuddered as I lowered myself onto him, a low guttural groan wrested from the back of his throat and vibrated deliciously against my skin.

We moved together whilst his hands clawed my back, fingertips frantically digging into my skin. His mouth broke away from my neck as his breaths grew fast and hurried, instead lifting his head to press his cheek against mine, so that his hot breaths tickled my ear.

"Aurora," he cried, pulling me harder down on him, our bodies now shaking and sweating against each other as our rhythm picked up pace.

The knot in my stomach was getting tighter and tighter, lights started flashing before my eyes.

Draco let out a strangled cry in my ear as his arms tightened around me and his whole body shuddered against mine.

Waves of pleasure crashed through me as our bodies drank the other's in. Fused together as we both rode out our gratification.

After, we collapsed into one another's arms exhausted and spent, lying upon my bed in post-coital bliss.

After everything that had happened, I knew we still needed one another.

I loved Draco Malfoy. I loved him with all my heart.

And, as he wiped my tears away from my cheeks and whispered soothingly in my ear, I knew, despite everything, he loved me back.