71 - Blind Rage

Draco stared at the girl standing in the doorway as her hand flew to her mouth, stifling her scream.

Her horror filled eyes were fixed upon his arm; his left arm, where his rolled up shirt sleeves revealed the black ink image of a serpent and a skull.

"Aurora," he choked, his voice coming out in a strangled whisper.

"You're a- you're a-" she stuttered, but her words would not come.

"I had no choice, Aurora," he whispered, fresh tears spilling from his eyes. "That's why I've stayed away. You can't be near me. It's too dangerous. I'm too dangerous."

She shook her head, tears falling from her own eyes. "What have they done to you?" She wept.

And to his astonishment, she stepped forward, her arms reaching out as she strode across the bathroom towards him.

He couldn't help but welcome her into his embrace, his arms enveloping her automatically as she fell against his chest, sobbing. He was too exhausted to give in; too exhausted to fight to do what's right.

Together, they both sank to their knees on the bathroom floor, sobbing in each other's arms as they clung to one another tightly, his body sighing contentedly at being able to touch her and hold her after so long.

"Oh Aurora," he wept, kissing her hair and inhaling her scent.

He placed a hand flat across her bump as he held her tightly to him and joy flooded his entire being as he felt movement beneath his palm.

His baby; their baby.

His eyes met Aurora's and they smiled rapturously at one another, as Draco's heart filled with such a deep rush of love; fixing it it, mending it; healing it.

In this moment, this is all he wanted.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!"

Both he and Aurora snapped their heads up.

Harry Potter was stood in the doorway of the bathroom, staring down at the two of them, wand in hand and looking utterly thunderstruck.

Fucking Potter.

Without thinking twice, Draco jumped to his feet, standing protectively in front of Aurora, his hand going straight to his wand.

"Piss off Potter, now!" He snarled warningly.

But Potter just stood there, his eyes darting between Aurora, who was still knelt on the bathroom floor, and Draco.

"It's not Fred's, is it?" Potter spluttered, looking disgustedly at her. "How could you do that to him, Aurora? How could you love this git over Fred?!"

Fury sparked in the pit of Draco's stomach.

"Please Harry, you don't understand," Aurora implored, struggling to get to her feet. "There's more to it than you realise!"

She seemed to be failing miserably at managing to successfully get to her feet; her hand slipping from the sink she had been using to try and hoist herself up off the ground.

And in that moment, when Draco turned to reach down and help her, Potter aimed his wand.

There was a loud a bang and Draco felt himself being blasted across the bathroom, landing painfully on his back a good ten feet away from where he had been stood.

"Harry! Stop!" He heard Aurora cry.

Draco felt years of anger and fury pulsate through his veins; clouding his vision. Potter was always there ruining everything for him; sticking his nose into things that were none of his fucking business.

And Draco was fucking fed up with it.

Aiming his wand, he furiously flicked it straight in Potter's direction.

The jinx missed him, instead blowing up a wall lamp just beyond Potter's left ear.

Potter threw a jinx back, and Draco managed to roll away just in time, so that it missed him and ended up blasting off a cubicle door; causing splinters of wood to rain out into the room.

Aurora screamed as they continued to duel; the bathroom getting slowly blown to smithereens around them.

At some point, a cistern exploded causing a torrent of water to cascade everywhere, immediately flooding the bathroom. Aurora was crying and begging them both to stop.

But all Draco could think about was getting Potter.

He didn't even think about how selfish he was being through his blind rage caused by his hatred of Harry Potter.

His selfishness was the reason that Aurora was frightened.

His selfishness was the reason that Aurora tried to put a stop to the fight herself.

His selfishness was the reason that she was hit by a spell that Potter had been itching to try out for some time.

A spell for an enemy.

"SECTUMSEMPRA!"

Draco would never un-hear the sound of Aurora's blood curdling scream reverberating off the walls, as an invisible sword slashed across her stomach.

Blood spurted everywhere and, as if in slow motion, her knees crumpled beneath her and she hit the floor with a loud, horrifying smack.

Draco knew, in that moment, he would never forgive himself for this.

Never.