54 - Kicking Off

Draco tried not to think about what was awaiting him at home.

He just wanted to enjoy these last few days with Aurora; to spend as often as he could holding her in his arms, touching her soft porcelain skin and making blissful love to her.

And luckily the Room of Requirement was not being used for much else these days, so Draco and Aurora would spend hours in there at a time.

"I don't want to leave," Aurora whispered as they lay side by side staring up at the green and blue canopy of their bed. "I don't want to leave you."

It was the day before they were to return back to London on the Hogwarts Express and, having no classes, Draco and Aurora spent the whole day locked away together.

He rolled onto his side, taking her hand in his and bringing it up to his lips. "We'll be back together soon, though. I promise."

"Will you write?" She asked, looking up at him with large, blinking eyes.

"Of course," he chortled, pulling her to his chest, "I'll write everyday if you want."

He connected his lips with hers, sighing at the sweetness of her kisses.

He was going to miss this. He was going to miss her.

They left for the leaving feast together, walking hand in hand down to the Great Hall. The school was very quiet, Draco noted. There was a definite feeling of fear amongst the students - no one knowing what horrors the second war might bring to them.

Draco halted when he saw the approaching figures up ahead. Potter. Weasley and the Mudblood walking either side of him.

His lip curled in an automatic sneer.

Aurora's hand squeezed his as she too clocked the approaching trio. The golden trio. He had been fortunate enough to not have seen them since the night of his father's imprisonment.

"Draco, please," Aurora murmured furtively. "Just leave it be."

He looked down at her, pulling her close. He'd promised he'd look after her, and that meant not upsetting her. But then another voice made him wheel round.

"Oi! Draco."

Theo and Pansy were marching towards them from the other end of the corridor, followed by a sneering Crabbe and a snarling Goyle.

Draco grimaced. This wasn't going to be good. He stepped in front of Aurora making sure she was safely behind him, tightening his fingers around hers. He wished he could make them disappear right now.

"Aurora!" Potter spat, as the golden trio neared. "I'd have thought you would know better than to go crawling back to him after what his father did!"

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, Malfoy?" Theo bellowed, as they, too, neared. "You need to decide who's fucking side you're really on!"

Draco backed him and Aurora against the wall as they were approached from either end. Shit was about to blow - with him and Aurora stuck right in the middle.

The golden trio paused in their tracks, as did Draco's former Slytherin friends. Eyes bored into him from all directions as they all stood there demanding answers.

He felt Aurora trembling behind him, squeezing his hand tighter.

"You all need to back the fuck off!" Draco sneered, his eyes darting furiously between the two groups. "It's none of your business what Aurora and I do."

"Is this a joke?" Potter yelled. "Your father killed her mother! He also tried to kill her! That'd certainly be an interesting conversation starter at the top table on your wedding day!"