31 - Him

"Aurora! Wait up!"

I groaned as Harry called after me. I was just making my way up the platform at Hogsmede station. Waving the twins on, I waited.

Harry jumped off the train and hurried to my side. "So," he smiled, "are you nervous?"

"Not really, Harry, I was here for most of last year, remember?"

He gave a nervous chuckle as he adjusted his glasses.

"Well, I'm always here if you need me," he murmured, "you know I haven't forgotten how you were one of the few people that believed I hadn't put my name in the Gob-"

"I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free, Potter!"

Harry and I span round at the approaching drawling voice.

Draco was marching towards us, flanked by Crabbe and Goyle, newspaper in hand. "Better enjoy it while you can." He spat. "I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it."

"Oh fuck off, Malfoy!" Harry snarled. "Just because you're bitter that I spent the entire summer with your girlfriend!"

Draco stopped. His eyes bulged wide as they darted from me, back to Harry. "What?!"

"That's right, Malfoy." Harry sneered right up in Draco's face. "Aurora's joined our side now. As if she wants to be associated with a scummy Death Eater's son!"

"Harry, stop, it isn't like that." I implored, grabbing his arm to try and pull him back.

"Is it true?" Draco snapped, his grey eyes flicking past Harry, piercing into mine. "Did you spend the summer with him?"

"And the Weasleys!" Harry spat. "We had a great time planning your daddy's downfall!"

"Harry!" I cried, not quite believing what he was saying.

Tossing his newspaper aside, Draco furiously grabbed Harry by the folds of his cloak and rammed him up against the train. "You fucking dare talk about my father again, Potter!"

"Draco, please!" I begged him, near to tears.

Draco turned his head to look at me, and something flickered in his grey eyes. He slowly let go of Harry, stepping back, his chest heaving heavily as he looked at him in utter loathing.

Harry straightened up, shrugging his cloak back on properly, before walking off, closely followed by Crabbe and Goyle.

Draco and I stood alone, looking at one another. My heart pounded in my chest, torn between wanting to shout at him and wanting to kiss him.

"I didn't hear a single fucking thing from you." Draco spoke, breaking the silence.

"I couldn't, Draco." I explained, my voice wobbling. "I wanted to, so much, but I wasn't allowed."

"I was terrified for you! And then I see you laughing and joking with them!"

"They are not as bad as you think, Draco."

He looked at me incredulously, his face screwing up in disgust. "They are filthy blood trait-"

He suddenly stopped short, as if realising a little too late what he was saying and to who.

"They took me in when my father collapsed at my brother's grave as they lowered him into the ground." I said, my voice steady despite my whole body shaking with fury. "I had no one left, Draco! And don't tell me I had you, because I don't remember seeing you there when I needed you the most!"